Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Fed Ex and Hold at Location

  1. #1

    Default Fed Ex and Hold at Location

    Well, today I decided to order a case of Abena x-plus from Xpmedical.com. I have to say, these people are great to work with. One problem I have with XP is that they ship Fed Ex. Now, I am not sure of your experiences with Fed Ex, but I hate them. The problem is that when they deliver, their delivery times are anywhere between noon and 8pm. This is a problem because I work most nights and have very nosy parents.

    Even though I don’t like Fed Ex, I was still toying with the idea of buying a case and a sample of the Dry 24/7, but noticed that if I got that, I would have to pay 5 dollars shipping on the case, even though there is free shipping on cases. Well, today I called them to ask them a few questions.

    My questions: 1. why would it charge me for shipping on a case plus a sample. 2. What other options do I have other than Fed ex. And 3. Are the Dry 24/7 a popular diaper.

    The answers were brought swiftly and politely. 1. Shipping should be free on the sample because there is enough space in the case to put it in there, the computer just cannot recognize this. 2. Other shipping methods are expensive, but there is always Kinkos, they offer a hold at store where you can pick up a package from them. 3. The Dry 24/7 is a very popular brand and a lot of people have been ordering them because our testing found that they are more absorbent than the Abena x-plus.

    Did you hear that? Kinkos allows for store pick up? Okay, its they actually changed their name to Fed Ex Office, but still. I called my local “Fed Ex Office” store and they do offer this service. All you need to do is put your name and their address on the package and then put in the comments, “hold at location.” Then when you go in to pick it up, you present a photo ID and they give you the package. Simple –and the best part is that there is no charge.
    I guess we will see how it goes; hopefully I will write a review about the dry 24/7 and include pictures for all of you.

    Jester

  2. #2

    Default

    Does FedEx allow you to waive the signature requirement? I know this isn't an option for you because of your parents, but I'm just curious--I ordered the ABU SDK's a few weeks ago and they shipped FedEx, and though I thought I'd said no signature, they still made me sign. This makes me nervous about having to actually be at the house when FE delivers, which isn't always possible.

  3. #3

    Default

    As an original consumer of the old dry247 let me say this.


    1. The new ones still clump when wet
    2. They are thick
    3. The tapes hold semi-ok(about 6 on a scale of 10)
    3. The plastic is soft
    4. No frontal tape zone. So stick it and forget it or else you rip the cover.
    5. They barely beat out Abena, in fact, depending on how you tape them up, they technically are the same as far as absorbency goes. The Dry247 just clumps easier especially if you wet the front(for boys).

    Regarding Fedex.

    1. The package that is delivered says dry-care on the return label. (or XP medical )
    2. The package for the case of 72 is freaking huge and heavy.




    Overall, dry247 can be hit and miss. Ever since their website was hacked a year ago, they don't seem to be the same.

  4. #4

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by h200420012 View Post
    4. No frontal tape zone. So stick it and forget it or else you rip the cover.
    5. They barely beat out Abena, in fact, depending on how you tape them up, they technically are the same as far as absorbency goes.
    Not sure if you overlooked this in your your post or didn't notice... the tapes are "second chance". You can peel the white part of the tape back off, leaving the blue on the diaper, and attach the white at a different location.

    The only issue I have with this is the pull tab on the blue is kinda big, and tends to be where you want to tape down the white tape. If you only want it a little more snug, and you can't really expect a good stick down on top of the blue tab's pull. I sometimes have to (carefully) cut off the pull tab end of the blue tab before I can retape with the white part.

    With care, it's probably also possible to do several "diaper checks", by peeling back the white tape, and then reattaching it back in the same place on the blue.

  5. #5

    Default

    I used my 2nd 24/7 last night and it was a 16 hour major fluid intake kinda night. While not as comfortable as the X-Plus er... M-4 they have a lot of SAP and swelled up major without leaking. An M-4 would have leaked everywhere.

  6. #6

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Nam Repaid View Post
    I used my 2nd 24/7 last night and it was a 16 hour major fluid intake kinda night. While not as comfortable as the X-Plus er... M-4 they have a lot of SAP and swelled up major without leaking. An M-4 would have leaked everywhere.
    This is what I like about them. Although this would make them bad candidates for wearing under clothing.

    They also have elastic EVERYWHERE. It's pretty cool!

  7. #7

    Default

    Hey Jester. Good seeing you back on. Good luck with all of this. I"m sure things would be tense with the rents should they discover, so be careful. You don't need the grief. As for the desire to wear, that I understand. Our daughter was visiting this week so I've been going without. She went back to Blacksburg this morning, so it will be a fulfilled Friday night, though for me it's cloth.

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by pampersboy25 View Post
    Does FedEx allow you to waive the signature requirement? I know this isn't an option for you because of your parents, but I'm just curious--I ordered the ABU SDK's a few weeks ago and they shipped FedEx, and though I thought I'd said no signature, they still made me sign. This makes me nervous about having to actually be at the house when FE delivers, which isn't always possible.
    I am sure you wouldn't need to worry about a signature, besides, it is the signature of the person on the label not the parent. Secondly, I honestly don't know very many times when there is going to be a signature required. The last time I had to sign for something was when I bought a new computer from Dell. That being said, a signature can be a good thing because that means if nobody is there to sign for it, they won't leave it, allowing you to pick it up from a hub.



    Quote Originally Posted by h200420012 View Post
    Regarding Fedex.

    1. The package that is delivered says dry-care on the return label. (or XP medical )
    2. The package for the case of 72 is freaking huge and heavy.
    .
    Honestly, I am only ordering a sample package of them and it is just a trial for me anyway. Also, I could really care less what the return label says, I would rather them know what was in it since the last time I did something like this. I know for a fact though that the return label from XP medical just says XP. I mean, I think its about 25 pounds, which isn't that bad. I will let you know how it goes though.


    Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    Hey Jester. Good seeing you back on. Good luck with all of this. I"m sure things would be tense with the rents should they discover, so be careful. You don't need the grief. As for the desire to wear, that I understand. Our daughter was visiting this week so I've been going without. She went back to Blacksburg this morning, so it will be a fulfilled Friday night, though for me it's cloth.
    It is nice to hear from you Dogboy, I am not sure why I started posting again, but it feels nice being here again.

    My parents and I are starting to get along better these days. Although, I really stopped caring what my parents think. That being said, you were around the last time I was having packages delivered to stores. I figure as long as I keep my mouth shut, I should be fine. I am going to wear my Fire Fighter Uniform shirt when I go though, maybe that will help. Lately, the problem between me and my parents is my car anyway (i want to supe it up, and they don't), but I am only home like two nights of the week.

Similar Threads

  1. college...location location location
    By jackalpup in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 25-Jul-2010, 13:02
  2. The Official Lebron James 2010 Location Topic
    By EvaIlyxtra in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-Nov-2009, 19:27
  3. Old DL in new Location
    By PghDave in forum Greetings / Introductions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 21-Oct-2008, 14:52
  4. Buying Location
    By Mr Alex in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-Apr-2008, 06:17

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.