Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey there everybody

Default Hey there everybody

Hello everybody my name is Kyle and I have been into the dl/tb since I was a youngling. I'm a pretty chilled back and nice guy, if you get to know me I'm no too horrible anyways. I live in California and I'm really excited to meet new people and gain new friends. My hobbies are meditation, martial arts, reading, writing, and just living each day to its fullest. Anyways I'lltalk to you all soon
    - Kyle

Hey there, welcome to ADISC, what a good intro

What sortof books do you like to read? My favourite book of all time is Brideshead Revisited by Evelyn Waugh! It's the best book ever! I even bought a really old pristine Penguin copy when I was drunk once! Hehe!

What martial arts do you do?

Welcome dude! You sound like you'l fit in here really well :-) nothing like a good centreing meditation to clear your thoughts and gain focus...

I do kenpo, wing chun, and Jeet Kune Do. The most recent books I've read is What Dreams May Come, Siddartha, The Book of Secrets, The Power of Now, The Study of Jeet Kune Do. I've never heard of Brideshead, I'll check it out since you reccomend it. Thanks for the welcome too!!

It's a book about an old English family who;s son goes off the rails! It's really funny. He has a teddy bear called Aloysius, who he takes with him to university (which in those days was a massive no no) and he goes to a fancy shop and buys an ornate wooden hairbrush with his teddys name engraved on it so he can spank the teddy when he's naughty! It's very odd!

It's written from the perspective of his best friend, who is reminiscing when he visits the odd ones old family home again after many years.

EVERYONE should read it, seriously!

Quote Originally Posted by Talula View Post
    buys an ornate wooden hairbrush with his teddys name engraved on it so he can spank the teddy when he's naughty! It's very odd!
    What the hell? LOL! that sounds like a good read actually...

That is so odd sounding but you've definatly drawn my attention, I'll have to give you my feedback on it =) And thanks for the welcom Fox, meditation is awesomness

I thought that would grab peoples attention, maybe we should set up a book group, and discuss whether Brideshead Jr is in fact a closetted AB

Omg that'd be awesome. Is there really not already a book club?

I don't know. I suppose there will be a group for it somewhere, but I don't know if it's very active. We can make a new one