Thread: Hey there

Smile Hey there

So yeah, thought I'd make an account here on a lark, see what this place is about.

Hi. I'm Dreyer. You probably know me from the updates I did for Fox Tales Times a while back, or from the stories that I've posted pretty much everywhere that would accept them.

Aside from that? Lessee... my interests include tabletop games like go and mah jong; difficult and obscure-ish video games like Megami Tensei and Monster Hunter; and the occasional roleplaying game.

If you have any questions, post here and I'll try my best to answer. Glad to be a new member, and I hope to get along with you all.

Hello Dreyer

Welcome to the forum, and well done for posting a good introduction

I'm afraid I don't think I have read any of your stories, I am more more a writer than a reader, but if you ever post one on here I will be sure to give it a read.

I'm not such a fan of video gams - my hand-eye co-cordination is not good enough to control my character properly in most games and I'm never able to figure out where I need to go or what I need to do in games, I usually just run around in circles for ages before I give up or get killed! I do love mah jong though! I have never played the real game on a table-top though, I always play it on my computer desktop, but I like to think I have gotten pretty good at it now

What kind of role-playing do you enjoy? There is a role-play forum on this forum which you will gain access to when you become a regular if you like online role-play.

Look forward to seeing you around the forums

Thanks for the welcome, babyjess!

I enjoy both freeform and dice-based roleplay, but I do much more of the former than the latter. I find it hard to get a good group or a good system for dice-based -- I don't really like Dungeons and Dragons; there's just too much to keep track of at once in that game. I do wanna try FATE sometime, though.

Ooooh, now I don't play RPG's, but when I meet up with an ADISC member later in the month he's promised to teach me to play! I'm very excited!

Do you play any sports or support any teams?

Welcome to ADISC

Hi Talula!

I don't really follow sports much, but I did watch a little bit of the World Cup this year. I used to play basketball a little bit, but the group I played it with kinda fell apart. I try to get my exercise in other ways now -- jogging, body weight exercises, etc.

I was on the girls basketball team at school, but we were really violent and we broke two people on our teams nose, just in practise!!! Teehee!