I've appointed Talula and Raccoon as "Newbie Helpers".
They'll be responsible for:
- Ensuring newbies' introduction threads get relevant, personal replies.
- Encouraging other members to do their bit in welcoming newbies.
- Issuing positive rep (and praise) to people who are helpful to newbies.
- Issuing negative rep (and reporting) posts which are rude to newbies.
- Ensuring that the staff are aware of any trends which arise amongst newbies.
All members should most definitely do the above things as well.
What makes this position special is that Talula and Raccoon now have a responsibility, one beyond that of normal members, to ensure that these things happen.