View Poll Results: What format(s) do you get your news in?

27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Word of mouth

10 37.04%
  • Newspapers

11 40.74%
  • Magazines

6 22.22%
  • Radio

8 29.63%
  • Television

15 55.56%
  • Web-only (includes blogs, twitter)

14 51.85%
  • Web versions of traditional media

21 77.78%
  • I buy history textbooks, then flip to the back

1 3.70%
  • Other

3 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where do you get your news?

Default Where do you get your news?

Somebody brought this up in a different topic, but it basically got overlooked in favor of general political discussion. I was torn between this forum and off-topic, but since the thread topic came from another "Serious Business" thread, I decided to keep it in the same forum.

The poll asks regarding media formats, but I'd like people to list specific sources (examples: USA Today, Fox News, Time, Twitter, Slate, Entertainment Weekly).

I am personally most interested in politics, national, world, and technology news, but if you something completely different feel free to respond!

As for home I read a number of blogs but since I'm now visiting a library regularly (as in, almost daily) I'm reading more paper periodicals like Time and The New York Times. I used to listen to NPR, but now mostly read it online.

Butterfly Mage

I don't watch TV. I don't have cable, satellite, or an antenna for over-the-air. So I usually use the internet versions of MSNBC and CNN. I have no use for Fox News. I don't have any use for Limbaugh/Beck either.

I'm a product of my generation - I read, watch, and listen to basically all media content, news or otherwise, over the internet.

I watch television sometimes (Local, C-Span, MSNBC/Fox News, and Daily Show), but usually check out websites (BBC, CNN, Politico) and forums.

Other than the Toronto Star, I use a news-gathering program called Burli. It collects news from all around the world and updates breaking news in real time.

Oh yeah, and Fark.

Pretty much everything on the list, really

It just depends on my circumstances and how interesting the news is, etc.

Like when something exciting happens in the news, I'll normally research it online, but if it's something close to me I'll buy the paper to have as a 'hard copy'.

I get the NY Times delivered during the week, as well as the local newspaper. I also watch ABC news at 11 AM and 4 PM. I also get news online.

I just check the home page for google news. I do it in my study hall period and say I'm studying. :P

A goodly mixture.

During the week I get most of my broadcast news from BBC Radio and catch the Channel 4 News in the evenings fairly frequently. I also read various websites from traditional media (all the Broadsheet papers, the BBC, Reuters etc.) and some of the less traditional online-only stuff.

I get the Guardian on Saturdays and the Observer on Sundays as I like to have something physical to pore over at the weekends and read a couple of print magazines and journals, though none religiously.

Since my university provides newspaper free of charge through some program with the USA Today (I think), I often read a print copy of the USA Today, New York Times, a regional newspaper, or my college's newspaper at lunch.

If I have nothing else to do (which is rather rare due to schoolwork), I'll surf the internet reading random blogs and webpages of various newspapers. I don't watch TV or listen to the radio for news because I prefer to read, since I can go at my own pace.