Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Tena slip maxi medium

Default The Tena slip maxi medium

Hello, I want to start this article off by saying that I have never bought diapers before and I'm looking around at the moment.

I came across a Tena slip maxi medium and my question was, is this a comfortable diaper? I'm not going to drop my feces in it,, but I am thinking to occasionally wet it.

+ I read it was one with plastic on the exterior? I'd like it to crinkle a little bit. Thanks in advance.

Greetz,

Spinerip
    Last edited by really; 05-Oct-2010 at 20:18.

crazykittensmile

Personally it is my favourite nappy/diaper, and for me it is the most comfortable of the brands I've tried and also very absorbent. It is plastic backed and although it isn't the nosiest nappy out there it does crinkle when you walk. It is also quite thick, and it swells when it gets wet.

For a first diaper it would certainly be a good choice, it is definitely one of the more superior diapers available.

Well the first reaction is good , I already found out where to order them.
    The price is 31,64 Eur for 24 diapers. I dont know if this is expensive, but it sounds do-able.
    I want one to look like a real baby/todler diaper and it has to be taped. I dont like the idea of those pull-ups very much.
    And it does not need to have a real loud crinkle to it, just noticable.

Thanks in advance.

Greetz,

Spinerip

crazykittensmile

They do not look exactly like a real baby diaper, they are white with a purple stripe and a yellow wetness indicator (which turns blue when wet) down the middle. They have four tapes which say 'Tena' on them.

I just googled to find a picture for you and found that Loopy has done a review, with pictures, on the nappies on this website which you may want to look at before you decide whether to buy: http://www.adisc.org/forum/diaper-ta...xi-review.html

I just read it, and he states he doesn't like the fit so much. Personally for me I find they are the best fitting nappy I've tried, but I guess everybody comes in different shapes and sizes and has different preferences so I can't guarantee they would be of a good fit for you! But anyway, his review should perhaps help you get a more balanced view

Thanks for the heads up, I need to know what my waiste size is before I even think about ordering.
    I never knew what it was now I'm thinking of it. That was always my moms department up untill now.

Its pretty hard to find the right one to buy, but from everything I read this one mostly gets rated pretty good.
    If that says anything...

I've been using these diapers for years and am quite happy with them. You should be able to find a better price than 31,64€ for 24 though. Try over at Inkodirekt.

Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
    Hello, I want to start this article off by saying that I have never bought diapers before and I'm looking around at the moment.

I came across a Tena slip maxi medium and my question was, is this a comfortable diaper? I'm not going to drop my feces in it,, but I am thinking to occasionally wet it.

+ I read it was one with plastic on the exterior? I'd like it to rickle a little bit. Thanks in advance.

Greetz,

Spinerip
    I use those and they are comfy and a nice fit, although somehow the tena diapers seem to be a liitle smaller somehow when one puts one on. The only down side for me is that the tapes can break if you over tighten them, they are narrower too.

the tenas are quite good, though you may find a better pricing of them if you order direct from your local distributor. the last case i ordered direct cost about 56 for three packs.
    i think tenas are quite thin, though their absorbancy and leak protection are very good (and they do swell, naturally).
    generally speaking, the noisiest dispies are usually the hour-glass shaped ones as, with them having a lower leg fitting than the tenas (and other trim-fit styles), are subject to greater movement and this coupled with the greater area of plastic produces more sound; once wet, a real crunch can often be heard on crouching or squating, or sometimes just on sitting.
    the tenas, once fitted, do seem to fit and hang the same way as the older baby dispies, this being due to their cut and positioning of tapes, i'd guess.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicJava View Post
    I've been using these diapers for years and am quite happy with them. You should be able to find a better price than 31,64 for 24 though. Try over at Inkodirekt.
    Wow! and I can order them while I'm in Holland? I do hope so,, might be cheaper. I dont know howmuch it costs to send them over here...

Oo come on, Dutchies and Germans should buy from SaveExpress | Sanitaetsfachhandel Save Express Oliver Weidlich Sanitaetshaus, cheapest in the market.
    Discreet shipping and slightly AB/DL aware, just give them the info, pay the cash and no questions are asked

Oo and Tena are fine diapers, any Euro-Diaper is decent even the b-diapers. Just don't do depends, us quality for an euro price :P