Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My laptop and TF2.

Default My laptop and TF2.

Just a quick question.

I currently have a Dell Inspiron 1501 laptop with 1GB of RAM.
    (For all the other specs, look online.)

I want to know how well Team Fortress 2 would run on this thing. You see.. Valve is giving TF2 away from about 10 bucks and I would love to get in on that. (I wish to do it now anyways, for I am getting a new laptop in the next few weeks and I want to get this game the cheapest price. Which is now.)

But because I am getting this now, I would love to be able to play it whilst I wait for that new laptop to be mine, instead of just letting it sit idly by on my Steam account.

Thank you.

It should run, but you'll probably have to reduce settings/resolution considerably. The integrated graphics on that thing are pretty bad.

I just purchased it, so we shall see.
    Thank you, I got a wide variety of different answers, and I just wanted to be clear. So far your answer is the one that was said the most.

I hope you're right, although I'm pretty sure you are. Let us seeeeeeee~

Should have spent a lil more and got a desktop if you wanted to game.

With 1gb or ram It's not going to run very well. It has integrated graphics which for most notebooks/laptops are horrid unless you pay an arm and a leg. And the processors not the best out there.

Can you run it? Sure!

But remember... I can run Left4dead2 on my netbook... but it does not function well. :/

Personally the laptop's great for mobility(web, typing, video watching.) But if you're going to start gaming get a gaming desktop(If you do not already have one.) It'd be expensive but... It's not going to be obsolete in 2 years, and you can upgrade it! I'd imagine your new one has 2-8gb of ram, integrated graphics, and a i5?

Nope; tried it. It was awful.

Oh well, the new laptop will be ordered in 7 days, and should arrive by my birthday.

Games will be played.

Thanks, all, for your comments. :\ Just wish it would have been able to run well on this dying piece of junk.

My laptop is: (Link -->) - Recertified: ASUS G Series G60VX-RBBX05 NoteBook Intel Core 2 Duo P7450(2.13GHz) 16" 4GB Memory DDR2 800 320GB HDD 7200rpm DVD Super Multi NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M :3

that new laptop.. if you order it will be able to play TF2. TF2 will be pretty hard to get into right now since there was just a MASSIVE update on Thursday and even the long time players are still getting adjusted to it.

Though they do have training mode and a mod where you play with and against of team of Bots.

Yeah, the laptop has an NVidia GTX 260m GPU.. it should be able to play a lot of the things I want on High settings, and if not High settings then Low-Medium.

I order it in 6 days. :3 I'm so happy.

The 260M is decent for a laptop, and you'll have no problems running TF2 on max settings with AA on and whatever, but I wouldn't expect the same of some other games. You won't be running Crysis or Battlefield:Bad Company 2 on max with that kind of hardware.

No, of course not, but it's a major step up from this thing. If I can't run TF2 worth anything on the lower settings on this, I'm not going to be too picky..

I'm just glad that that laptop will be able to run a lot of the games I wish to play..

Crysis takes a monster...

The handy thing about Valve games is that pretty much anything modern can run them. Though as others have said in this thread, you're going to have to turn the settings down a good bit first.