View Poll Results: Have you seen a Psychiatrist?

59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I see someone

15 25.42%
  • No, I have never seen anyone

23 38.98%
  • Yes, I did for a while

21 35.59%
  • I really want to see someone but can't

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Psychiatrists: been there done that??

Default Psychiatrists: been there done that??

Ok, so i have noticed a lot of people here have, at one point been to see someone or are/have been seeing someone for a while.

I would like to know, by way of interest (don't answer if you feel its a bit invasive) who has. simply just answer the poll using one of the four options and leave a comment if you like.

Personally yeah, i have been seeing one since the beginning of the year, i have not talked about my DL tendencies, its more been about the death of my dad and how fucked my family is.

By way of interest, how would i bring up the topic of DL???

no, not that I am aware of (but I am not totally sure), I have never seen a psychiatrist about being a ab/dl, although I have been to a ton of different psychologists (and every kind of therapist/doctor) threwout my life.

I saw someone back when I was 15. I was pretty "woe is me, my life sucks" back then. Oh how stupid and wrong I was.

Wearing diapers is the least of my phsycological problems lol... never been too sweet on the idea of walking into a room with a total stranger and divulging my most guarded secret :P

Like, a few times when I was seven or eight. They wanted to find out why I kept wanting to hurt my dad. A lot of things were involved in that. Mostly though, he was just a jerk. Not a single thing about my ABDL side has ever been spoken to with a psychiatrist.

I used to see a psychologist regularly from the ages of about 16-18, she referred me to a psychiatrist. I only saw the psychiatrist a couple of times before I started hiding the appointment letters and told my mum that the psychiatrist said I was fine and didn't need to see her any more. She was talking about putting me on medication, which I was terrified of and did not want to be prescribed. By a stroke of luck my parents believed me and I stopped having to see anybody. I was there because I was 'depressed,' self-harming and had an eating disorder so I never brought up my AB side, it wasn't really relevant.

I'm afraid I was a child freak! I went to see a child psychologist, and a dietician, when I was about 9 for a few months, because I stopped eating...

But it's ok I'm all good with the eating now

I see a psychologist once a week, depending on his schedule, and a psychiatrist once every couple of months for meds.

I've been seeing my shrink over ten years and told him about the DL thing about two years ago. It went well and has been worth the time, money and effort.