Thread: The Team Fortress 2 Mann-Conomy Upadate!

Default The Team Fortress 2 Mann-Conomy Upadate!

I'd love to hear a discussion about this new update so I decided to start one myself. How do you like the whole store idea? Trade system? New items?

I for one think that steam has been pretty generous updating the same game for over three years now with no new way to cash in on their hard work after your initial purchase of the game. Micro transactions can be annoying but I think valve really did it right by making them only optional. You can still get any new item the old fashion way of finding them

The trade system is pretty convenient in my opinion. I've been lacking the charge n targe and I was able to easily get it by trading away an extra force a nature for it.

Thought I'd buy at least one item so I bought the spy's new dagger the "Your Eternal Reward." It doesn't allow you to normally disguise yourself so you are a lot more vulnerable to the enemy when you are uncloaked. However it makes up for it with silent backstab kills and instant cloaks when you get a backstab. I love being able to backstab an engie working on his sentry without ever alerting his sentry. It's a killer for turtling engies.

I love this game too. The new update took me by surprise. I wasn't expecting a polycount update and new weapons for five classes!

I like the update as well and the trading got me the brain slug pyro hat. Medic mirror and medic mask. Plus I crafted the new Heavy Gloves and new spy knife and found the Vita-Saw for the medic.

I opened up a crate yesterday and I got a equalizer from it.

I really wish they wouldn't encourage snipers to exclusively body-shot, but the new flamethrower is awesome.

I didn't realize until just recently how easy it is to get the new weapons by just crafting them. It takes a lot of metal sure but I thought it would be as hard as trying to craft a hat. So in retrospect I should've saved my money. Ehh, I'm not to upset. Just thought the new weapons would be much harder to come by.

Trading has made it very easy for me to get the last few weapons that I've been lacking such as the uber saw and the charge n targe. I love collecting heads as Demoman now!

The more that I have played with the spy's new knife, the more I have fallen for it. It's definitely replacing the normal knife for me now. I thought it would only be situational like the cloak n dagger and that I would switch them off but I've learned that you simply need to play spy slightly differently to adapt to it. You just have to rely much more on being behind the enemy as soon as you uncloak. The spy is definitely my favorite character now.

The pyro's new flamethrower is definitely nice. I didn't think that faster weapon switching would make much of a difference but it really does. Flame and axe all day!

Haven't tried the soldier's new stuff but I don't really play soldier.

Mystery crates are definitely a clever move on value to get you to spend your money since I've heard that you cannot buy the key for it. I'd just trade that away for something else. I'd hate to spend money just to find another old weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
    Mystery crates are definitely a clever move on value to get you to spend your money since I've heard that you cannot buy the key for it. I'd just trade that away for something else. I'd hate to spend money just to find another old weapon.
    I opened one and got a Direct Hit.

I spent 2.49 on a weapon that would of cost like 50 cents. One that I already had too.

However, I have renamed named my vintage Ubersaw "The Vintage Circumciser". I use it a lot for spy checking as medic, though i'm known to kill heavies from behind with it too.