Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: AB/DL Convention

Default AB/DL Convention

Has anyone ever tried to make a AB/DL Convention before? I personally think it would be great fun and I'm not leaveing out all our furrbaby's and TB just easier to say AB/DL. I mean I've never seen anyone doing one and personaly I would love to go to one. I've been to many Conventions over the last 3 years and enjoyed each one.

We could get some vendors together such as ABU, Bambino, some of the clothing sites ( sorry never actually been to one long enough to remmember names ) get people from other sites to set up. I'm talking bout the whole 9 yards here.

There needs to be like raffles and maybe a nice speech going on some time. Of course we would need a well known figure to the AB/DL community or just the person putting it all together.

Could you imagin all the fun you could have and the people you could meet.

It wouldn't have to be embarassing. I mean once your in there you can be as much of the baby you want and no one has to know. I could be wrong that could just be me though. Personaly I'm not embarrased of what I am, minded I don't go blabinging about it but it does get to me every time i see a munch or get together( never been to one. Only HEARD horror stories of how bad they are normaly. I don't have any experience at one so I apologise to anyone you may be afended ) they always specify that you can't be to obvius about your diaper and no bink's ( pacifire ) tell dark and then only if no others are near bye. I'm just saying that maybe we need a little more open environment to roam in.

Also it wouldn't have to be called "The diaper convention" or anything maybe something a little more subtle. Just to eliminate some of the embarasment factor.

And if there are enough people that say they would like this to come a reality and maybe some more ideas/ better ideas posted or pm. Then with a little luck then we will have ourselves a convention.

PS. If this does become a realitly I will fund most of it. However these things are very very expensive and for a new one very difficult to make.

So please if anyones interested please let me know. Oh.. and btw if there already is one. Well my bad sorry for the wasted time
    Last edited by FrozenFox; 01-Oct-2010 at 00:09.

crazykittensmile

I think a major issue in terms of setting up a convention would be that the AB/DL community is still quite small, with members spread out across the world. To find a location suitable for the convention, where enough AB/DLs can easily reach it, may be difficult. The other issue is many AB/DLs fear being discovered - I would not attend such a convention for fear of being photographed or otherwise spotted there and risking my job as well as friends/family. That may be a reason why no-one has (to my knowledge) tried to set up a convention before, but that's not to say it couldn't work - good luck with your endeavour

You need to define convention. Is it just a large gathering or does it need to be public, open to all who pay the fee? I have heard of some pretty big gatherings and parties. But I get the feeling that these are semi private events where most people made contact before hand.

If you want to meet people IRL look for munches.

Hmm...... very true didn't think off that and I've been pondering this for quite some time now. I did think about the small community issue and the spread so far apart problem but not the the fear issue. Embarrasment is one thing but fear of it that's a new level. Hmm I will work on that although not much I can do. However about the smallness issue I personaly believe that we are many just that few actually accept what they feel towords this side of themselves. I was thinking that a Convention would in a way bring us to gether. I know a little cliqe ( not sure how its spelled and google pops up with about everything and didn't help with that one)

Sounds like it would be fun, but, yeah, I wouldn't risk being ID'd IRL.

No, this would be a terrible disaster >.<, There's no way that you won't be discovered at one of those public events. And I'm only 13 :P, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MessyMan View Post
    You need to define convention. Is it just a large gathering or does it need to be public, open to all who pay the fee? I have heard of some pretty big gatherings and parties. But I get the feeling that these are semi private events where most people made contact before hand.

If you want to meet people IRL look for munches.
    Well im trying to do more then meet people I want people to meet people not just me. But as to the "open to all who pay the fee?" Yes being how expensive it would be and I'm doubting id get much if any donations ( no offence ) there would be a small fee. Not enough for a prophet but just so I wouldn't be forking out everything I got and have nothing left. The fee would be mainly there to pay for some of the services such as building and such

But to all who posted so far I'm very glad you have and thank for the input. Criticism is very helpfull and tells me what I need to know if this were to happen

It's an interesting idea, but one that is likely to have several problems (where to have it, America is quite large and ABDLs are few and far between).
    I guess the closest you get is meet-ups from sites like us, and others... but nothing near like a convention.

(Just have to make a mod response on the issue of money though, you shouldn't really be talking about 'donations' as it's bound to spark alarms in people's heads. It seems especially inappropriate in a thread like this as the question of funding it seems irrelevant as the idea doesn't seem like something that's even close to being put into effect.)

I'm enjoying all the talk but one question I have is would it really be that bad to be discovered? I'm not saying blab to the world but is everyone really that uncomfortable with what/who they are that the don't want anyone to ever know? Nut judgeing just giveing my 2 sense and I'm very sorry if what I said offended anyone I didn't intentionaly mean it that way

---------- Post added at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie F View Post
    It's an interesting idea, but one that is likely to have several problems (where to have it, America is quite large and ABDLs are few and far between).
    I guess the closest you get is meet-ups from sites like us, and others... but nothing near like a convention.

(Just have to make a mod response on the issue of money though, you shouldn't really be talking about 'donations' as it's bound to spark alarms in people's heads. It seems especially inappropriate in a thread like this as the question of funding it seems irrelevant as the idea doesn't seem like something that's even close to being put into effect.)
    Well to that I was planing on it in advance like a year in the makeing this was just preliminary and for a site to do so that would be later discussion if it goes to that. But about funding as I said in part in a newer post I would be takeing care of it in most. But donation are mainly just a way to get more people involved in the creation and yes I know alarms all over the place for asking for donations but I thought it to be a signifigant thing needing to be said but I will see to changing it if possible I'm new to this site and don't quite know all the kinks of it yet