Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Playing Music

Default Playing Music

Do any of you guys play any instruments? Are any of you guys in a band? What music do you guys play/listen to?

I am a drummer and a singer. I play in a band, we play rock and metal. We also write our own songs.

I play guitar and sing in an old school death metal/thrash band, I play bass in a deathgrind band, and play guitar in a punk band (real punk). Not to mention all the joke bands I'm in.

I play piano and pipe organ, generally classical music and hymns.
    Last edited by HogansHeroes; 27-Sep-2010 at 21:58. Reason: grammar

I have a guitar I can't play, I couldn't be in a band to save my life, but I listen to good music...like Metalcore, Hardcore, Post-Hardcore and Powerpop

I play piano, guitar, can play bass marginally, I also mix and produce (tho i need to get back into production haven't done anything in years)

I am a singer and guitarist for the band I'm currently in (I also write just about all of the music). We play Progressive Thrash Metal mixed with Metalcore.

I can play the radio... Seriously though I've always wanted to try a guitar since I was a kid in the 60s but my family convinced me I was a no talent worthless sack of shit and shouldn't try any thing fun. Funny thing about this thread, I bought an inexpensive guitar & amp off ebay the other day and got the shipping conformation e-mail moments ago. I may never be good with it but I plan on having fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Nam Repaid View Post
    I can play the radio... Seriously though I've always wanted to try a guitar since I was a kid in the 60s but my family convinced me I was a no talent worthless sack of shit and shouldn't try any thing fun. Funny thing about this thread, I bought an inexpensive guitar & amp off ebay the other day and got the shipping conformation e-mail moments ago. I may never be good with it but I plan on having fun!
    Good for you mate, rock on!

Quote Originally Posted by benjaminwolf View Post
    Good for you mate, rock on!
    Thanks Ben! A bunch!

I was worried how my friends and shrink would react. All were positive and congratularty. Now here too.
    It kinda a symbol of freeing myself from the abuse by my sister and parents so long ago. After 40 years of wanting I can't wait for it to arrive.

Quote Originally Posted by Nam Repaid View Post
    Thanks Ben! A bunch!

I was worried how my friends and shrink would react. All were positive and congratularty. Now here too.
    It kinda a symbol of freeing myself from the abuse by my sister and parents so long ago. After 40 years of wanting I can't wait for it to arrive.
    Who says you'll never be good with it...? To clarify, nobody is good at guitar when they start, and like most instruments it's pretty challenging to learn and get good at it. The key is to stick to it, you will get back only what you put in. I recommend taking some lessons or better yet buy stage 1 to 6 of this:
    Guitar Lesson DVD

Whether or not you plan on playing metal or even like metal, those lessons are invaluable to any guitarist, and I highly recommend them (as do alot of professional guitarists). You can start them as a complete beginner and work your way up to intermediate with these lessons alone. I used them, and they really really helped me.

To the OP I've been play 6 string guitar since I was around 8 off and on. I just got back into it about 6 months ago and am currently working on learning Megadeth's entire Rust in Peace album (my favorite album of all time) to shake off my rust. I have all the rythm down but the solos are pretty tough, working on tornado of souls solo currently.

Then I plan on learning all the theory I've neglected over the years and start writing my own stuff, I bought a USB mixer recently and have been recording myself. I haven't been this into it in a long time.

Would like to be in another band like I was back in highschool, playing with other people is the way to go.
    Last edited by Smurf; 01-Oct-2010 at 03:57. Reason: grammar