View Poll Results: Which one is the best?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Depend

1 4.00%
  • Abena

20 80.00%
  • Molicare

5 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which one is the best for the price?

dloverjack

Default Which one is the best for the price?

Abena?
    Depend?
    Molicare?

Which one is the best?

Abena is wonderfull but molicare pulls through for the win with me. There bulkier I think but I like that. If you want a less bulky and quieter diaper go for abena. And well depends are ok but by far no match in comparison of the other 2 but price wise I believe abena is a tiny bit cheaper then molicare but depends I'm almost positive are the cheapest being you can get them at a store ( no shipping charge). And places like walmart charge the base for them and don't really make any profit but at the same time don't lose anything

Never tryed any of them, so i can't be of much help sorry

Butterfly Mage

Depend is one of the absolute worst. An Abena Super is about $1.10/ea and an Abena Extra is about $1.15/ea. By contrast, Depends cost about 90 cents each, but they hold less than 1/4 of what an Abena or Molicare can hold. Thus, a truly incontinent person would use 7-10 Depends per day and only 4-5 Abena/Molicare diapers per day. Thus, Depend diapers end up being the most expensive.

Abena M-4 is still the better over Molicare Super Plus by a small margin. Depend is not even in the running.

Well, if you'd like a more thorough review, check out this link:

Adult Diaper Review and Testing

Of course, xpmedical assumes that diapers are fully used--which may or may not be the case depending on who you are. If you have fecal incontinence, for example, I'd imagine that you'd want to anticipate using the thinnest diapers at certain times of the day and thicker diapers elsewhere. (I could be wrong--please correct me if I am)

the abenas xplus is the best for absorbency and price (besides depends for price) depends are an OK diaper depending on the person and how often they change and molicares are by far more comfy to wear but abenas is by far my favorite and one of my standards to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Nam Repaid View Post
    Abena M-4 is still the better over Molicare Super Plus by a small margin. Depend is not even in the running.
    The abena M4 are only a paper based diaper. You need the gel types to hold the larger volumes of urine.

Loopygone

wait? what? Are you serious?

Abena's are well known for being hte most absorbant, thirsty nappy around. Believe me they use sap, just like every other adult nappy out there. Only they use more fluff and more sap then most.

I'd go for the abena's can't fault them. Molicares are a close second through.

Quote Originally Posted by Loopy View Post
    wait? what? Are you serious?

Abena's are well known for being hte most absorbant, thirsty nappy around. Believe me they use sap, just like every other adult nappy out there. Only they use more fluff and more sap then most.

I'd go for the abena's can't fault them. Molicares are a close second through.

Thanks for having my back Loopy! I have used most of the better brands (24/7s just arrived haven't tried em yet) and even though their not up to the Abena X-Plus standard the M-4s are the best so far, tapes, plastic, flood absorbsition and capacity at a relativity fair price.