View Poll Results: Dave Matthews Band

22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Love them! Seen them live multiple times!

1 4.55%
  • Love them, seen them live once or not at all.

5 22.73%
  • I love some of their songs, don't care for others.

8 36.36%
  • Meh.

5 22.73%
  • Don't like them at all!

3 13.64%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Dave Matthews Band - awesome or awful?

Default The Dave Matthews Band - awesome or awful?

This poll is over a band that I have gladly seen in concert ten times in this lifetime, and I hope to be able to see them again sometime next year. The last concert I went to was less than a week after LeRoi Moore died, though..... That was very emotional, to put it mildly......

Are you a DMB fanatic like I am? Or are you a hater? Or are you just indifferent about them?

That's what this poll is about.

Can you add 'Never heard of them' to the poll? I don't think they've made it big here in the UK.

Live versions of three of their best songs - enclosed below. :-)

I really should have added a "never heard of them" option on the poll, though. My bad, sorry!

I have seen them once a few weeks ago when they were in New Orleans for the opening game for the New Orleans Saints. I thought they were cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephiel View Post
    I've probably heard them, but I don't know most bands' songs.
    I wish I could go back in time until I point where I could honestly say this again.

I thought they were terrible.

Side-note: Biased poll is biased. There's 3 that being with "Love", one neutral, and one that is just dislike. I wanted to stab a pen through my eardrum, they were that bad.

So what if my poll is biased? Most polls are biased to some degree.

Do you have anything better to do than to point out my various shortcomings, Zephiel? It seems like you do that more often than when I purchase video games. I have no beef with you, but this passive-aggressive behavior of yours is growing old very quickly. I know you outright hate me, and I am OK with that. There is one thing I have learned to do regarding people I dislike, and it is not looking through their every action looking for a shortcoming to rub in their faces - it is simply finding better things to do than having anything to do with them. That tactic has done me a world of wonders. Negative words are negative, even if you are careful to stay within the ADISC rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephiel View Post
    I wanted to stab a pen through my eardrum, they were that bad.
    Pretty much this.

Not my thing, but I can appreciate what they're trying to do. It's nice to see some different instruments being utilized other then the same ole guitar/bass/drums formula.

Electric violins are awesome.

A bunch of hypocrite wannabe greenie stoners who dump their tour bus sewage on unsuspecting tourists under the bridge. Oh and my EX played them over and over and over till I couldn't take it any more.