Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cop gets off lucky killing two teenagers

Default Cop gets off lucky killing two teenagers

A Illinois state troop who was texted his girlfriend driving at 126 MPH crossed a center devide and crashed into another car killing two girls and injury 2 others.

After a guilty plea he got 30 month of probation, yes FUCKING PROBATION. He got suspended for 2 years with pay (68,000 dollars per year) and he's filled for workers comp. The only good thing was he resigned from his job.. i'm wondering if he was even going to get fired at all.

Cop Drives 126mph While Texting, Kills Teen Girls

http://www.bnd.com/2010/09/21/140836...-with-his.html

Police seem to get away with much more than your average person, like shooting dogs and pulling guns on children.

No exscuse for that. None.

Some people are just so bright, Dont they have cops PULLING PEOPLE OVER for texting while driveing?

This loosely fits dramatic irony, doesnt it?

All this media effort and the "crackdown" on texting while driving,

and a cop no less, Kills them.

Quote Originally Posted by Claw View Post
    No exscuse for that. None.

Some people are just so bright, Dont they have cops PULLING PEOPLE OVER for texting while driveing?

This loosely fits dramatic irony, doesnt it?

All this media effort and the "crackdown" on texting while driving,

and a cop no less, Kills them.
    No, it would be situational irony. Dramatic irony is when the "audience" is aware of something that characters are not (e.g. I know, as an audience member/reader, that Sam is having sex with Bill's wife in the bathroom, and Bill just went to go to the bathroom.)

Quote Originally Posted by Zephiel View Post
    No, it would be situational irony. Dramatic irony is when the "audience" is aware of something that characters are not (e.g. I know, as an audience member/reader, that Sam is having sex with Bill's wife in the bathroom, and Bill just went to go to the bathroom.)
    (Wow thats bad >.> I was looking at a handout with definitions and examples of each, in english class, TODAY)

I ment tragic irony, THAT sort of loosly fits?

Teacher gave no examples and did not clarify/explain the definition. Told everyone to skip it becuase "It wont be on any tests this year"

Quote Originally Posted by Claw View Post
    (Wow thats bad >.> I was looking at a handout with definitions and examples of each, in english class, TODAY)

I ment tragic irony, THAT sort of loosly fits?

Teacher gave no examples and did not clarify/explain the definition. Told everyone to skip it becuase "It wont be on any tests this year"
    I think tragic irony would be a sub-classification of situational irony.

Situational irony occurs when a situation turns out differently from what one would normally expect—though often the twist is oddly appropriate. A cop, who should be advocating/enforcing the cell phone bans while driving, hits a teenager while texting/e-mailing.

Tragic irony seems to just be situational irony, but with a more specific motif.

Yeah, it goes to show that law enforcement agents of any kind can (and usually do) get away with just about everything in the United States.

And yet, we're still going to give them more and more power. Once they have it, you can't take it away.

Keep that in mind in November when you go to vote. Police are quickly gaining more and more powers, and getting off easier and easier...even for cold-blooded murder...and it's god-damned frightening.

and nowt more ironic than americans pontificating on the meaning of irony
    ignoring the sardony which could be inferred in the copper's actions, doesn't this situation give an inkling as to the beneficiaries of the intent of 'to protect and serve'?
    and maybe they should change their motto to 'to phonetext and swerve'?