Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Sonic Adventure" XBLA

Default "Sonic Adventure" XBLA

It has been a decade since I last played Sonic Adventure on the Dreamcast. Just a few days ago, I purchased it on the XBox LIve Arcade, and I sprung the extra five dollars for the DX content. Did it measure up to my memories of it?

Yes, actually, it did. All of the very cheap deaths in the "Lost World" stage and the frustration that came with them is still very much intact. The voice acting is as horrible as I remember it being. The camera angles are very bad as there are many moments where I frankly could not see what I was doing when I really needed that visibility. And the boss battles are as simplistic as they were when I first played this game - this is a game that is frustrating due to poor design, and way too easy at times when a bit of genuine challenge is wanted.

Don't even get me started on how outright BORING the Big the Cat substory levels are.

I will try to get all of the 250 gamerscore for this, though I imagine by the time i reach that goal, I will most likely NEVER want to pick this game up ever again.

Sonic Adventure - proof that Sonic never should exist in a 3-D video gaming environment.

So wait... you KNEW this game sucked and you still bought it?

That's some crazy masochism there...

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 - 3-D sprites, 3-D world, 3-D. 2-D Side-scrolling.

There's some exceptions where Sonic should be in a 3-D game :3

But yeah... remembering it as fun, and finding it extremely boring and bad in later years tends to happen. When we're young, we find most everything fun

Quote Originally Posted by Zephiel View Post
    So wait... you KNEW this game sucked and you still bought it?

That's some crazy masochism there...
    Well, over the years, the memories of how badly it sucked did fade, and I remembered the fun parts. It was the memory of the fun parts that had me buying the game, only to have my old memories of the parts of it that sucked get ripped wide open again the second I stepped into the "Lost World" level.

Quote Originally Posted by KuroMiles View Post
    Sonic the Hedgehog 4 - 3-D sprites, 3-D world, 3-D. 2-D Side-scrolling.

There's some exceptions where Sonic should be in a 3-D game :3

But yeah... remembering it as fun, and finding it extremely boring and bad in later years tends to happen. When we're young, we find most everything fun
    That's not how I read. He says that he REMEMBERS it being terrible, but still bought it. I kind of think he deserves to be disappointed. "Hey, 'x' sucks. Why not buy it again in ten years when it gets ported over, but has absolutely no changes to make it better!". That's why you look it up on the internet before you buy it, and he clearly has internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephiel View Post
    That's not how I read. He says that he REMEMBERS it being terrible, but still bought it. I kind of think he deserves to be disappointed. "Hey, 'x' sucks. Why not buy it again in ten years when it gets ported over, but has absolutely no changes to make it better!". That's why you look it up on the internet before you buy it, and he clearly has internet.
    Do not bother trying to argue semantics with me. Because you will win, and it will be an easy victory for you, but it will also be a hollow victory, like shooting a dead gopher with a BB gun.

Yeah, you're right, Zephiel. I guess the allure of earning full gamerscore for a game that I once knew inside-out was too much for me to resist. I'll admit it - I am an achievement whore.

Quote Originally Posted by RebornKaworu View Post
    Yeah, you're right, Zephiel. I guess the allure of earning full gamerscore for a game that I once knew inside-out was too much for me to resist. I'll admit it - I am an achievement whore.
    Hehe, now it makes sense. My younger brother does that. He wanted to rent the Avatar: The Last Airbender game for the sole reason that you could get 1000gs in ten minutes. >_>

My freind and I played Sonic Adventure-Battle 2 (thats the correct title?) Soley for the chao garden.

we eventualy played through one of the storys, so that we could get the rest of the animals for them

Otherwise im fairly disaponited by the games.

Unleashed was good, The daytime stages were awsome, the night time prince of persia clone was.. Bearable.

I just spent the last couple of hours dying one cheap death after another in the "Lost World" stage. Whoever designed that stage is very sadistic.

Another thing I noticed is that the controls are much less responsive than when they were on the Dreamcast. Many times I died because Sonic didn't jump when I pressed the button telling him to jump, so he just ran right to his death instead. That is fucking weak.

i got this game for Gamecube and PSN and love that game and Sonic Battle 2 now a days the only thing good about sonic games is the sound track now