Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Should I wear 24/7?

Default Should I wear 24/7?

Well eddy told me to ask so I am..I kind of keep having accidents, and am sort of scared of wetting myself in public, so should i just keep wearing 24/7 like I have? I didn't think my bladder could get weaker that quick but I guess it has, so that's all I have to ask

I definitely hasn't gotten weaker in the week you've been doing it...It takes a very long time for that to happen...But it's really up to you if you want to wear 24/7...If it will help to reassure you about leaking in public, then it might be best to at least wear a good amount of time...But you don't have to wear 24/7 unless you don't want to

Darkfinn

Weaering 24/7 is a big step to make. If you need the protection... and are living daily in fear of wetting yourself I would definately suggest some form or it. There is no need to live your life having to always know where the nearest restroom is... and being afriad of having an accident.

This said... if you give up all attempts to control your bladder while diapered it will weaken your control... especially if it wasn't that great to begin with. So if you start wearing all the time that is a road that you will be going down. I've been wearing 24/7 for 2 months now... and I can tell that my control has degraded some... and it'll only get worse the longer I go.

Also... being that you are so young... you may want to consider telling your parents about your problem... see if they can get you some medical help for the accidents while you have the diapers for protection. If you start wearing 24/7 people are going to find out... don't fool yourself.

Finally... diapers are expensive... I won't lie about that. I'm using 2-4 diapers per day... and these are the thick ones too. If you use thinner ones like Depends I would expect that you will go through 4-6 every day. Calculate that up and see how many you are going to need.

If anything... I'd say start out with some pullups. That way you can still make it to the potty if you need to... and have protection from accidents if you have one. Start wearing them for a few weeks and see where it goes from there.

Well...at least Darkfinn mentioned "get you some medical help."

Let's put it this way, there's two things you need to be thinking about.

One is, do I go full time and stay full time? Realize that even with a medical problem, you will be judged, it will certainly not be a secret from say, anyone you work for or your family, and you will have to deal with the added costs and medical issues for as long as you continue it, which there are several.

The second is, and Darkfinn pointed it out a little but you seem to be ignoring it....a major, somewhat voluntary muscle in your body has suddenly gone from working ok, to basically not working, in the space of a week. You seem to be very unconcerned, besides the wetting issue. This is something you should absolutely go to the doctor's to, because it is a sign not of your bladder weakening, but of a medical issue, which could range from minor, to, oh, cancer.

Might want to look into it.

Cool

I suggest that you see a doctor too. Also with the accidents you been having, you should wear 25/7 (inside joke between me and her), and since your have cloth diaper, wear those until you get some more diaper from walmart and since you can reuse the cloth one that well help keep the cost down. Anyway, go see a doctor because a bladder doesn't stop working after two weeks of 24/7 wearing.

~Eddy~

Peachy

I suggest to do everything you can to stop the accidents. You really don't want to spend the rest of your life in diapers just because - at one point - you thought it was a good idea or even "fun" to be 24/7 for a while. to me, it sounds like this is going to affect you for longer than just "a while".

That said, if you need protection, use pull-ups. They do contain the result of one accident, but they at least allow you to pull them down and use the toilet like an adult. That's hard to do with a tape-on diaper and you will - eventually - just not bother taking it off and using a toilet and just go in the diaper for pure convenience.
    Then discontinue the protection as soon as you feel you no longer need it.

Peachy

Yeah, I'd say your best bet is to cut back and just use pull-ups if you have to. I can't say much for going to a doctor because I myself should go to one about my own issues and I haven't.

Also you could just be getting paranoid because after all, it does get easier to wet a diaper after a while of wearing them a lot. You just could be getting used to it...

i would go ahead and just get some cheap pullups. You wont go through as many diapers as Darkfinn mentioned earlier, but they will go fast. Also when you say you have accidents i assume that you also bed wet as well. If thats the case use some thicker diapers for overnight usage as pullups just dont cut it. How long have you been wearing 24/7 now?

Quote Originally Posted by TallestBabyEver View Post
    i would go ahead and just get some cheap pullups. You wont go through as many diapers as Darkfinn mentioned earlier, but they will go fast. Also when you say you have accidents i assume that you also bed wet as well. If thats the case use some thicker diapers for overnight usage as pullups just dont cut it. How long have you been wearing 24/7 now?

She's been doing it a week as I've said in my post...

now it's been about 2-3 weeks since I last told you pojo i think anyways. Feels like it at least.