Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Podcastinn~

Default Podcastinn~

So I'm pretty active in my local kink community, and yesterday I was invited to be on the panel for a podcast. I can't link it here because of the 18+ issue, but if you're over 18 (and listed as such so that I can see you are), I can push you in the right direction. It's not a dinky podcast either. Last month's episode had 72,000 downloads.

Anyway, one of the topics we wanted to talk about sometime in the future was AB/DL. Our main focus is to educate and inform (and also entertain) the listeners. I wanted to send out some feelers here to ADISC (which is one of the sites we want to mention, along with Understanding Infantilism) to ask you guys what you'd want to hear in a podcast. We're going to interview some local ABDLs and probably some not-so-local ABDLs. What are questions you'd want asked?

Also, what are some misconceptions about the community that you'd want to be addressed?

Tell me tell me tell meee~
    (fuck, I use a lot of parentheses, sorry.)

Hmm, good question.

One thing I would like people to know is that being an AB/DL is not always a sexual fetish - I enjoy wearing nappies and surrounding myself with baby things, but for me it's not at all sexual and is completely seperate from my sexual life. So maybe just mention that whilst being an AB or liking diapers can be a fetish, some people enjoy it for other completely non-sexual reasons as well. I don't mind that for some people this is a fetish, but it bothers me when people assume that because it's a fetish for many it is a fetish for all.

That was the first thing that came to mind, but I will have a think about what else I'd like people to know.

Oh, and it's good to see someone hoping to educate and inform people about this unusual interest. I hope you are able to find some intelligent AB/DLs to interview who make a good impression, and not the usual people who seem to end up on shows like Jerry Springer and seem to do our community more harm than good!

I think I'm an intelligent ABDL, so I hope to make a good impression. ;D We've got some good people in mind, I'm pretty excited about it.

Thanks for the input as well. There are quite a few ABs I know who really like to stress that its nonsexual for them.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleMonster View Post
    I think I'm an intelligent ABDL, so I hope to make a good impression. ;D We've got some good people in mind, I'm pretty excited about it.

Thanks for the input as well. There are quite a few ABs I know who really like to stress that its nonsexual for them.
    Hehe, sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you weren't intelligent! It sounds like the podcast will be well thought out and hopefully offer a truthful representation of AB/DLs, rather than just put them in the public domain to be ridiculed. I will be very interested to listen to the podcast when it's released and I hope you are able to share a link with those of us aged 18+

Good luck with it, and I'll watch this space :-)

I think that if the issue of *B/DL is dealt with a sense of sensitivity and presented with the intelligence I'm sure you will give it, then i think that it would be very beneficial for the "kink" community to have a broader understanding of what its all about. Perhaps one of the things you could emphasize, is that AB/DLs are NOT pedophiles. If i had a dollar for the amount of times that had been confused.... Without mentioning other websites that could have possibly influenced the outside communities decisions on AB/DLs, it would be nice to try and change perceptions. Good Luck!

yeah the children thing. too many people think that if you like adults acting like children, you like children. For the vast majority of us that is wholy inacurate.

I'll be looking forward to this MissMonster.

Perhaps you can talk about how the kink is not very black/white, and how everyone explores it from all different angles and there isn't really a 'right or wrong' way of doing this. (Though this could really be applied to any kink/fetish).

I agree that the biggest thing is the clarification that we are NOT "into" children AT ALL. Otherwise, portraying it as just another kink like any other kink people might have is great. Will look forward to hearing it!

Others in the thread have said it before, but I'll say it again. *BDL has nothing to do with real children.

i love podcasts and would really be interesting in finding out what show ur talkin about. and would definitly like to listen to that particular show if it ever happens. i pretty much just want people to know they we arent as wierd as the rest of society probly thinks we are.