Thread: What kind of controller is this?

Default What kind of controller is this?

I just bought (another) Megadrive off eBay, mainly because it was so cheap, but also because the controller in the middle intrigued me. Does anybody know anything about it?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mega.JPG 
Views:	73 
Size:	56.1 KB 
ID:	2705  

Oh, that's their joystick control pad. I once considered getting one when I was a kid, but couldn't think of what I would use it for, lol. I would say it's relatively rare, but I remember seeing it selling on the shelves back in the day. Would have to look through my old stuff to know more though...

Quote Originally Posted by spddan View Post
    Oh, that's their joystick control pad. I once considered getting one when I was a kid, but couldn't think of what I would use it for, lol. I would say it's relatively rare, but I remember seeing it selling on the shelves back in the day. Would have to look through my old stuff to know more though...
    Oh cool, I thought it might be something like that.
    It confused me though because I can't see an actual joystick on it ... it just looks like a funny shaped lump of plastic with loads of buttons on it, like a Jaguar controller lol.

the serial interface end was common to alot of systems, does it say sega on it somewhere? i would venture a guess that its an aftermarket contraption that some company put together to look cool, as was so common in the 90's

Oh, I see it's possible I had it confused with the third and fourth controllers shown on this page:
    SEGA Genesis Accessories 1 3-Button 6-Button Arcade Controller Wireless Flight Stick
    Although, if you look at those two joypad controllers, you'll probably see why I thought that. Perhaps this was a third party model. Probably done differently in an attempt to look cool, as babyemo said. Ah, the 90's... how I do and don't miss you .

I'll give it a good inspection when it arrives and see if there is any writing on it.