Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Friend is a Jerk

Default My Friend is a Jerk

So basically i was woken up by my dad this morning, about 30 min ago. He told me my friend was spending the night at our house. I replied "Why?" And my dad told me i had called him and asked him to come over. I didn't. I haven't talked to him in 2 days because i can't stand him. The only reason he is my friend is......idk why is still my friend. Any one have a similar experience?

I've had friends that I had no idea why I was friends with them. LOL

I really really am not looking forward to tonight. In 3 hours my Saturday of fun ends and my Saturday of hell begins.

I have a friend like that. He was never rude like that, but he was rude enough to stalk me on the internet and find this site... I'm just glad the homophobe thought this was ok and kept it a secret.

Why not just tell your dad you didn't invite him over, you're no longer friends, and that you don't want him to come over?

There is a problem. His parents are going to Jacksonville for the day and my mom already told my friend's mom its was ok for him to stay over. My mom says i can't cancel.

crazykittensmile

I know with some people it is really hard to spend time with them, but it sounds like your friend likes you and wants to hang out with you (why would he invite himself over otherwise?) so there must be things he sees in you that he likes. Can you find anything in him to like? Do you have any common interests? Was there once a time when you got on better?

If he is definitely coming over you have two choices - you can either have a good time, or you can have a bad time. If you decide that hanging out with him will be 'hell' then it almost certainly will be. If you try and find some positives in your friend, and think of some things you can do that you'll both enjoy you can have much more fun. Think of what it is that annoys you about your friend, and try to avoid getting into situations where he will do the things you can't stand. If he is too competitive avoid playing any games, if he talks too much watch a couple of films so that you have an excuse to be quiet, if he doesn't talk enough play some video games that might help get him talking. Even if you don't think you can have fun with him, you can at least try to make it so spending time with him isn't so bad.

Also, how come your dad thinks you invited him over? Did your friend make that up? If so talk to your friend - ask him why he told your Dad you invited him over when you clearly didn't. Tell him that is not okay, and that doing stuff like that is the sort of thing that will make you not want to be friends with him any more. Explain that you don't want him to be dishonest in order to hang out with you again, or you will stop hanging out with him.

If, after tonight, you still can't stand your friend and don;t want to hang out with him any more you need to talk to him - you can't just stop talking to him or start being cold with him and not give him any reasons - that is not fair on him. If you want to spend less time with your friend tell him that, tell him you think you've grown apart or that you want to hang out with other people/ on your own more - just tell him the truth and hopefully you will be able to make a tricky situation a little easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephiel View Post
    Why not just tell your dad you didn't invite him over, you're no longer friends, and that you don't want him to come over?
    Trust me, it's not that easy. It's rough to be mean to your friends even if you don't want then to be your friend. Logically yes, that would be smart, but logic plays not part in this problem. He's just going to have to hang out with him and try to make the best of it. Get some long movies so you don't havle to talk that often.

Quote Originally Posted by link View Post
    Trust me, it's not that easy. It's rough to be mean to your friends even if you don't want then to be your friend. Logically yes, that would be smart, but logic plays not part in this problem. He's just going to have to hang out with him and try to make the best of it. Get some long movies so you don't havle to talk that often.
    ...that's what happens in my house when people invite themselves over. Then they get locked outside. If they don't have any friends, why is it OUR responsibility to shelter/feed them?

Quote Originally Posted by babyjess View Post
    I know with some people it is really hard to spend time with them, but it sounds like your friend likes you and wants to hang out with you (why would he invite himself over otherwise?) so there must be things he sees in you that he likes. Can you find anything in him to like? Do you have any common interests? Was there once a time when you got on better?

If he is definitely coming over you have two choices - you can either have a good time, or you can have a bad time. If you decide that hanging out with him will be 'hell' then it almost certainly will be. If you try and find some positives in your friend, and think of some things you can do that you'll both enjoy you can have much more fun. Think of what it is that annoys you about your friend, and try to avoid getting into situations where he will do the things you can't stand. If he is too competitive avoid playing any games, if he talks too much watch a couple of films so that you have an excuse to be quiet, if he doesn't talk enough play some video games that might help get him talking. Even if you don't think you can have fun with him, you can at least try to make it so spending time with him isn't so bad.

Also, how come your dad thinks you invited him over? Did your friend make that up? If so talk to your friend - ask him why he told your Dad you invited him over when you clearly didn't. Tell him that is not okay, and that doing stuff like that is the sort of thing that will make you not want to be friends with him any more. Explain that you don't want him to be dishonest in order to hang out with you again, or you will stop hanging out with him.

If, after tonight, you still can't stand your friend and don;t want to hang out with him any more you need to talk to him - you can't just stop talking to him or start being cold with him and not give him any reasons - that is not fair on him. If you want to spend less time with your friend tell him that, tell him you think you've grown apart or that you want to hang out with other people/ on your own more - just tell him the truth and hopefully you will be able to make a tricky situation a little easier.
    I have tried to be nice to him but he is one of the hardest people to continue being nice to. He shows no respect for anyone, not even his parents, or the army for that matter. He has the "anything you can do i can do better" attitude. He has no sense of boundaries. Any time you get mad at him he blames it on his OCD. He takes pills for it but some how they only stop working when it's in his favor. I just can't stand him.