Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rally to Restore Sanity/March to Keep Fear Alive in DC

Default Rally to Restore Sanity/March to Keep Fear Alive in DC

So, Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert are hosting a rally/march on the Mall in Washington DC on October 30. Is anyone else going to attend? He's calling it the "million moderate march", and I for one plan to be there. Although, despite Mr. Stewarts apparent desire that I not, I probably will strap on a diaper and point my car towards DC.

Isn't this going a bit out of the way to say Glen Beck and Palin are crazy? It seems like Jon and Stephen have been talking about Beck and Palin for nearly a year now, since then Beck, Palin and the tea party support has only grown. Maybe it's a good idea to ignore it for a while and stop hyping it up, plus it's not like many of the viewers of either Stewart or Colbert are going to vote republican or tea party.

That said I would go if I could get a ride, though I'll ditch the event for viewing the Smithsonian.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    Isn't this going a bit out of the way to say Glen Beck and Palin are crazy? It seems like Jon and Stephen have been talking about Beck and Palin for nearly a year now, since then Beck, Palin and the tea party support has only grown. Maybe it's a good idea to ignore it for a while and stop hyping it up, plus it's not like many of the viewers of either Stewart or Colbert are going to vote republican or tea party.
    Yes, it was a bit out of the way. But then again, it was reddit's idea. After they raised over $100,000 for a charity he is involved in, he heard about it.

Damnit! Just saw this on Fark and was gonna make a thread. Ah well...

Looking forward to reading about it in the paper the next day.

My friends and I are TRYING to arrange a ride there...though we being a college crowd, it's difficult because those of us with cars have schoolwork and those of us who are free do not have cars...and of course, no one wants to pay for public transportation. Well, if all else fails, I suppose that is what YouTube is for...

I'd love to go but it is wayy to far away, and I'm not working a 40 hour a week job where I can afford to fly to D.C. yet :P

I was at 8/28, thought it was amazing. I really wanted to see the counter rally while I was there too, sadly now I only have one side of the story to pass on to my kids. There's another rally on 10.2.10 but it escapes me as to who is actually putting that one on, I know its the counter of 8/28 but since I started school I really got out of the current events loop.
    I liked the premise of 8/28, There was no real politics going on and I have never seen a crowd that large be that nice... IIRC there wasn't one police report for violence in the crowd and I have never seen the mall so clean. If I can save the money I want to go to as many of these events as I can. Right now we live in an amazing time and I really want to see all facets of it first hand. I really would like that when I have kids (in about 15) years that when they read about this period I can honestly say that I was a part of it.
    Sadly, Baby Rai your all the way in Erie Pa. If you were closer if I'm going I would offer a ride... however being that it is the season for holiday greed and want in retail I doubt Ill get the days off.

Quote Originally Posted by maccracker18 View Post
    Sadly, Baby Rai your all the way in Erie Pa. If you were closer if I'm going I would offer a ride... however being that it is the season for holiday greed and want in retail I doubt Ill get the days off.
    Aww, well I appreciate the thought. Thanks anyway ^_^