Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm thinking of getting a collar

Smile I'm thinking of getting a collar

As the title says, i'm thinking about getting a collar.

I could get one from a local pet store, but are there any good sites or stores that can make collars i can personalise? That will ship to the UK?

https://collarfactory.com/ This is where I get all my collars. And they ship internationally. Best site out there of custom collars.

Oh nice ^^ belts and cuffs too, sweet, thankies

hehe no problem. ^^

Yeah. You can do that. I would, however, get one from the local pet store or whatever serves you guys as a wal-mart, and then wear it around for a few weeks to see if you like it. The reason being that it's cheaper. Much cheaper, to pick up a $5.00 collar and see if you'll wear it, rather than blowing $30+ on something and then end up not wearing it... But that's just me.

I agree with getting one from a pet shop first, that way if you don't like it you are not out as much as you would be for ordering a custom one.

I actually got mine for free! I had been thinking of getting a collar as well. I went to an auction with my grandparents last week, and they bought a box of pet supplies there. They only paid $3 for the box, but in the box there was also a brand new red collar (It still had the tags on it). I took it and added my own "tags" to it. I have fallen asleep with it on a few nights this week, and I don't even notice that I am wearing it. I may get one from the collar factory later on, but right now this one is good enough. I just want to get a real tag for it instead of my keyring "tags"

Collar Factory's international shipping is a little pricey (I paid $24 for a fairly simple collar - single-strap 15"x1" leather, faux fur inner lining and a single loop on the front - but shipping to the UK was a further $34!), but it does arrive very quickly. I actually received my collar a mere five working days after ordering - it was shipped within 24 hours (not bad for a custom-made item) and arrived a few days after that.

They're good quality collars, though; I've worn mine essentially every day since March and it's showing no sign of degradation and still looks awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Altric View Post
    I agree with getting one from a pet shop first, that way if you don't like it you are not out as much as you would be for ordering a custom one.

I actually got mine for free! I had been thinking of getting a collar as well. I went to an auction with my grandparents last week, and they bought a box of pet supplies there. They only paid $3 for the box, but in the box there was also a brand new red collar (It still had the tags on it). I took it and added my own "tags" to it. I have fallen asleep with it on a few nights this week, and I don't even notice that I am wearing it. I may get one from the collar factory later on, but right now this one is good enough. I just want to get a real tag for it instead of my keyring "tags"

That wouldn't be a bad plan actually, because if my parent see it and question me, we have 2 dogs so i can say the collar is for one of them

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Collar Factory's international shipping is a little pricey (I paid $24 for a fairly simple collar - single-strap 15"x1" leather, faux fur inner lining and a single loop on the front - but shipping to the UK was a further $34!), but it does arrive very quickly. I actually received my collar a mere five working days after ordering - it was shipped within 24 hours (not bad for a custom-made item) and arrived a few days after that.

They're good quality collars, though; I've worn mine essentially every day since March and it's showing no sign of degradation and still looks awesome
    Wow, that's pretty quick , i took a look on it and made a collar to see what it would look like, i was impressed with the level of customisation that could be done

I want one, even though I'm not a furry, but I think it would make everyone think I was into BDSM, which I'm not.

Now i kinda want one too... i do think i'll wait till i move out though.