Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dl uk

Default Dl uk

Hi everyone,

Im 18, and am into video games, flying, aircraft, cars, fish keeping, driving fast cars, getting occasionaly very drunk, windsurfing, shooting and diapers ofc.

I live in the South of England, PM me for more details if you also leave near!

I have just finished my A2's in Maths, Physics and Design and am going to Uni next year to study Aerospace Systems Engineering after my gap year in Japan.

Anyway thanks for reading

Chris
    Last edited by Christxuk; 11-Sep-2010 at 17:07.

Welcome to ADISC.

You may want to remove your contact details before a member of staff does it for you.

If you want to chat to people, you can make use of the Chat Room.

Also, make sure you read and fully understand The Rules, and most importantly, enjoy your time here. =)

Of course you're allowed to have them! =)

You just don't put them in your posts.

Hi Chris welcome the ADISC I hope you have a fun time here. I live in the West Midlands so it's kinda near to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Christxuk View Post
    Hi everyone,

Im 18, and am into video games, flying, aircraft, cars, fish keeping, driving fast cars, getting occasionaly very drunk, windsurfing, shooting and diapers ofc.

I live in the South of England, PM me for more details if you also leave near!

I have just finished my A2's in Maths, Physics and Design and am going to Uni next year to study Aerospace Systems Engineering after my gap year in Japan.

Anyway thanks for reading

Chris
    Welcome to ADISC,

You and I have a lot of similar interests.

What is your favorite historical and modernish aircraft? For me I would say the MKIX Spitfire is my favorite historical aircraft. My favorite modern aircraft is the F-16 Falcon, I am also a huge fan of the F-4 Phantom, and the SR-71 Blackbird of course (How can you not love that one).

What kind of cars do you like? I am a fan of classic muscle cars but I don't own one, I drive a chipped vw gli that I consider to be decently quick, although it could be better.

I am big into physics as well although I've never really studied in an academic setting beyond highschool. I love reading about theoretical physics like cosmology and quantum mechanics (the first time I read about the double slit experiment it blew my mind).

Anyway welcome, hope you enjoy the site!

Hey,

My favorite historical aircraft would probably have to be the C-119 flying boxcar, my favorite modern aircraft probably the Saab Gripen, c-130 J, and the Harrier GR8, and the Sukhoi SU-30

AS far as cars go I own VW GOLF MK 5 gti mind you its about 9 years old now so its ageing

As far as cars go im pretty lucky the neighbor next to me has a vintage ferrari testarossa which he let me have a ride in so thats a favorite purely because of the nice lines on it.

I am a fan of vintage racers, so much so that on friday next week i am going to the goodwood revival dont know if youve heard of it ?

As far as physics go, i am more into the aerodynamics and fluid dynamics hence why i want to do a degree in aerospace engineering

the double slit experiment is amazing i agree, we did it at school this year.

Oh yea Stephen Hawkings new book is coming out soon which is a must read if your into that kinda thing!

Another VW fan, excellent!

One question though, and forgive me if I am horribly mistaken, but wasn't the first year of the MK5 GTI 2005? You sure it's not a MK4? How can your car be 9 years old!?

I love my GLI, it's an 09. Getting an ECU reflash was the best investment for that car, gave it quite a bit more spunk.

Aerospace engineering sounds awesome, this is probably a field I would've loved to go into, I opted for computer engineering instead, it's ok.

Edit: Regarding Stephen Hawkings book, I will certainly look into that! Thanks for the tip, last physics related book I read was by Lee Smolin (I think?) on his loop quantum gravity theory, it was ok, not a big of string theory or these other wild theories of everything just yet.