Thread: Important Things To Remember When Buying Diapers

AndrewThatsMyName

Default Important Things To Remember When Buying Diapers

Recently, I purchased a bag of CVS Sleep Shorts (which I truely don't like). I do say though, as I was walking home, I thought about my error of way, and have taken my mistakes, and will give them to you, hoping that they will help your next experience with buying diapers:
    Getting There:

1) Make sure you know how to get there, and back. Walking? Calculate the closest store, away from town. Figure out the "path of least resistance".
    2) Have a ride? Make up an excuse. "I'm buying a few 2-liter bottles of soda,".
    3) A Backpack is a must. Unless you have a car, you don't want to walk home with clearly visible diapers do you?

In The Store:

1) ALWAYS know how much the diapers are. This came to me when I went up to pay and was 6 cents short. An amount that would have cost me, if I were older.
    2) When calculating how much the diapers are, add $5 to the amount that includes tax. The diapers I bought were priced as $10, but came out to $12.06.
    3) Know the diaper, and the packaging, so you don't mistake one for another, i.e. Tena Maxi Slip, Tena Super, etc.
    4) Have a second choice, and a third. My first was depends, but I was running very low on cash.
    5) The Cashier doesn't care what you are getting. He is being paid to take money and give money. He don't care what you buy, etc.
    6) When standing in line, don't make eye contact. This may bring up unwanted conversations, or awkward stares.

Getting Home:
    1) Take the streets that don't intersect with the main streets.
    2) Relax.
    3) The mission is complete, you can get home safely.

As for getting home, you must take it from there. The possibilities of people at home, the dorm, or whereever are too great for me to write into this post. I hope this helps!

-Cameron

Quote Originally Posted by CameronMan View Post
    Recently, I purchased a bag of CVS Sleep Shorts (which I truely don't like). I do say though, as I was walking home, I thought about my error of way, and have taken my mistakes, and will give them to you, hoping that they will help your next experience with buying diapers:
    Getting There:

1) Make sure you know how to get there, and back. Walking? Calculate the closest store, away from town. Figure out the "path of least resistance".
    2) Have a ride? Make up an excuse. "I'm buying a few 2-liter bottles of soda,".
    3) A Backpack is a must. Unless you have a car, you don't want to walk home with clearly visible diapers do you?

In The Store:

1) ALWAYS know how much the diapers are. This came to me when I went up to pay and was 6 cents short. An amount that would have cost me, if I were older.
    2) When calculating how much the diapers are, add $5 to the amount that includes tax. The diapers I bought were priced as $10, but came out to $12.06.
    3) Know the diaper, and the packaging, so you don't mistake one for another, i.e. Tena Maxi Slip, Tena Super, etc.
    4) Have a second choice, and a third. My first was depends, but I was running very low on cash.
    5) The Cashier doesn't care what you are getting. He is being paid to take money and give money. He don't care what you buy, etc.
    6) When standing in line, don't make eye contact. This may bring up unwanted conversations, or awkward stares.

Getting Home:
    1) Take the streets that don't intersect with the main streets.
    2) Relax.
    3) The mission is complete, you can get home safely.

As for getting home, you must take it from there. The possibilities of people at home, the dorm, or whereever are too great for me to write into this post. I hope this helps!

-Cameron
    i havent have the chance to buy diapers by my self, but i will take the advise. thanks.

This is kinda obvious, but many larger stores these days have self checkout options. If you go during nonpeak hours you might be able to go right in and go quickly from "snag to bag", so to speak.

AndrewThatsMyName

Quote Originally Posted by sparkmaster View Post
    This is kinda obvious, but many larger stores these days have self checkout options. If you go during nonpeak hours you might be able to go right in and go quickly from "snag to bag", so to speak.
    As for a self check out store, stores like Rite Aid, CVS, and other local drug stores don't have that feature.

Once I went buying diapers (with my car) and I rushed the whole buying process (to be able to get out ASAP) so much that I... actually forgot the diapers in the cashiers counter!!! I had to drive back and pick em up again! And of course THAT brought a lot of unwanted conversation. So I would add: dont rush it so much that you become sloppy/careless

Thanks for the tips, Cameron! It's always good to know these things - or refresh yourself, if you already know.

Probably only helpful if your under 15, so for the other 90% of us here (who are over 18), I will post a guide

1. Start up Firefox (or any other non IE browser)
    2. go to Store Ratings & Reviews - ResellerRatings.com - Find Trusted Stores
    3. Type in "adult diapers" (pronounced di-a-per)
    4. Take note of seller rating to avoid being ripped off
    5. Place product in virtual shopping cart (avoid bumping cart into other shoppers)
    6. Pull plastic from your plastic wallet, and type in the 16 digits to pay for your diapers
    7. When diapers arive in big box from the magic brown truck, use safty scissors to open box (avoid running around in excitement with your scissors)
    8. Place diaper on butt (remember to remove underwear first)

Quote Originally Posted by sparkmaster View Post
    The wallymart is the only local store with auto checkout around here. And almost every time I try to use it for anything it gives me grief. You have to put your sack on the tray, and after you scan something, it waits for you to drop it into the sack. (I think it weighs it and sees the added item) Well, half the stuff doesn't seem to trip the scale and I have to keep clicking the "I don't want to bag this item" button to get it to let me scan the next item.

After three of those it locks up with a "please wait for attendant" or something like that, and the one gal watching over all the self-checkouts has to clear it to continue. (the first time or two they'll walk over to you and see if you need help figuring out the self-checkout, but after that they just see it stuck again and hit the release on their screen without coming over) I've had to get it cleared as many as three times in one checkout.

Anyway, I now TOSS things into the bags to trip the scale and it seems to work better. But I could see a bag of diapers being a problem tripping it. Though if you're just there for the one bag, the button should work once without calling attention to you if it happens to ignore the bagging. So if you're going to use the self-checkout, I recommend not picking up other minor items as well, just get your nappies and get out of there, more stuff just ups your odds of having problems with the checkout.

Quote Originally Posted by bambinod View Post
    The wallymart is the only local store with auto checkout around here. And almost every time I try to use it for anything it gives me grief. You have to put your sack on the tray, and after you scan something, it waits for you to drop it into the sack. (I think it weighs it and sees the added item) Well, half the stuff doesn't seem to trip the scale and I have to keep clicking the "I don't want to bag this item" button to get it to let me scan the next item.

After three of those it locks up with a "please wait for attendant" or something like that, and the one gal watching over all the self-checkouts has to clear it to continue. (the first time or two they'll walk over to you and see if you need help figuring out the self-checkout, but after that they just see it stuck again and hit the release on their screen without coming over) I've had to get it cleared as many as three times in one checkout.

Anyway, I now TOSS things into the bags to trip the scale and it seems to work better. But I could see a bag of diapers being a problem tripping it. Though if you're just there for the one bag, the button should work once without calling attention to you if it happens to ignore the bagging. So if you're going to use the self-checkout, I recommend not picking up other minor items as well, just get your nappies and get out of there, more stuff just ups your odds of having problems with the checkout.
    While I can not attest to wallymart's self checkout, the self checkout where I work is, The fourth time you hit skip bagging the attendant has to approve it, then you get three more skips until it has to be approved again, I dont know how sensitive their self checkouts are but where I work, the only time they dont pick up on an item is if its like 2 plastic washers in a bag. Other then that it will see everything. Occasionally it will bitch if an item weighs the wrong amount, I havent been able to figure out the exact % difference it has to be from what its expecting to complain, but it changes based on price of the item also. For the most part as long as you Scan the item, then put it in the bagging area, then scan next item, and repeat, you will have no issue at all. Oh and this is pet peeve of mind from working on them at work, "READ THE DAMN SCREEN," it will make your life so much easier, just take 2 seconds to read, and you wont look like an idiot. And do not touch skip bagging, then put the product down on the shelf. The entire shelf is the scale it will complain.