Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 9th Anniversary of the September 11th Terrorist Attacks

Default 9th Anniversary of the September 11th Terrorist Attacks

Today marks the 9th anniversary of the 9/11/2001 attacks on the World Trade Center in New York City.

To all those who died, and to all those who gave their lives trying to save others, here's to you.

God bless you all.

I remember that day very clearly. I was in 3rd Grade, and as soon as class started an announcement was made for an "emergency staff meeting". We were shooed into the Gym for about an hour, and then all of our parents picked us up. I remember lots of panic, crying, and shock. I didn't understand anything that was going on. It was only a week later when the school had counseling and we talked about it in class that I found out what had happened. And as a 3rd Grader, I didn't fully understand what happened. I didn't fully understand for a long, long time....

Well, it's nine years later, and as it should be, we should never forget this day as we haven't for the past 9 years. I plan on attending the memorial service tomorrow in lower Manhattan, and I'm counting on doing so 50.. 60... 70... 80 years from now, if it's to be that I'm alive that long.

Cherish your family. They're the only ones you've got.

I remember that day too.
    I was also in the third grade, but they didn't tell any of the students what had happened... That makes sense. I didn't understand it. Nobody our age would.

I can only imagine how astonishing that day was considering that you live in New York. Unbelievable to think that it has all ready been nine years...

I was in an airport ready to go to Reno for a class trip with my whole 3rd grade class, and I remember how everyone just suddenly stopped and turned their heads to the television sets in the terminal. The whole terminal was completely quiet for several minutes; I never saw anything like it. We obviously didn't know what was going on considering we were third graders, but all the adults looked so worried.

Absolutely astonishing... one can only be thankful to be alive and to have family. My blessings and thoughts go out to everyone.

I remember this day to. All the news flash and stuff.

we will never forget. I may have only been 5 or 6 but i remeber that day. I will always have respect twords the people who served and died that day.

damn a bunch of young people in this thread xD (of course I'm not that old either). For me I remember waking up a bit first and seeing something to do with a building and smoke but thought it was just some building fire, or one collapsed or something and went back to sleep for a bit. It wasn't til I got to school (6th grade) that I found out, i believe from other students, what had happened. Of course the school didn't allow it to be shown on T.V. and wasn't much "official" talk about it.

Grade 10 for me, I was 16, I had recently got my drivers license and I remember getting up in the morning to go to school.

I walked into my parents room to tell them I was leaving and they had the news on, it was live and only one of the towers had been hit at that point and was still standing. At school everyone was talking about it, and news filtered in throughout the day.

I remember it too, and should I ever stop remembering it, I can look up the results on my college degree paperwork. I had an important and long exam on Sept 12, and let's say that after 15:00 my time (9:00 NYC time), I couldn't do any more studying. The exam results were quite terrible - I had to go through an extra oral exam 2 months later to bring them back up.
    Why did it affect me that much, other than the fact that it was a terrible disaster with severe consequences later in history? Simple: I had stood on top of the WTC just a year before 9/11 I still have the admission ticket!

I remember that day with vivid detail. I was a junior in High School and I had just turned on the TV in the morning before the school bus to play a video game. I remember seeing one of the World Trade Center towers up in smoke then a short while later I saw a little dot in the distance slam into the other tower, followed by a huge explosion. I knew right then we were being attacked and I was a little nervous about the possibility of seeing more attacks but I still sucked it up and went to school. I did my work as usual and of course kept hearing news about the day's unfortunate events from students and school staff. I felt bad for those who lost their loved ones in the chaos in NYC, the Pentagon in Washington DC, and the plane that crashed in Pennsylvania.

I remember the afternoon very well. My topographical knowledge of the US was terrible and I didn't know where all of the family lived. I was in 4th grade, school was over (it happened before I was out but nobody was told) I biked home and got my hair cut, there I heard it. I freaked out. Once home I got told nobody was hurt that I knew. Still was a horrible thing but didn't feel as bad after I heard that. I sat the rest of the day in front of the TV on the floor watching CNN.