Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Perfect clone

Default Perfect clone

Here's the scenario. At some time in the next few days, whenever is convenient, a perfect clone of you pops into existence. It is you in every way: same age, same memories, same exact thought pattern, except he/she is a few feet away from you. From this moment on, you are separate individuals, slowly diverging into your own personalities as new experiences occur.

Share some ideas. What might happen on the first encounter? Would you get along with your clone, or would you argue over the computer/bed/car/mate? What harebrained schemes would you enact that required working in perfect harmony with yourself?

-----

I would call my clone "Ni" (two) and myself "Ichi" (one,) to make the distinction clear, and leave Ni home to run errands and finish organizing the house like I planned to, while I go to work. We would probably spend a lot of time in co-op activities like workouts, sparring matches, video games, and future planning. Most likely, after a few months, I would send Ni up to Maine to work with my ex-girlfriend and win her back, while I would continue working and fund his living.

The biggest problem would be money. I landed a sweet job in January but the job market does suck, so I would be supporting two people until we figured something out. The lucky thing is that my life goal is to raise healthy, successful children, and see to it that my ex-girlfriend is married happily, so I (Ichi) could live with watching Ni succeed in my place. If anything, that would free me up for dating other people.

I would masturbate... or would it be sex, then?

I'd treat him like I would any of my friends, tbh. I'd let him name himself and we'd just pretend we were twins...

It's somewhat embarassing to admit that I know there was a Disney channel movie with this premise.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    It's somewhat embarassing to admit that I know there was a Disney channel movie with this premise.
    There's a Canadian show called "Carl^2" about a guy who orders a clone and basically does what the original poster proposed, except he's still a teenager. XD

Carl and "C2" (pronounced See-two) are identical, but to make things easier for the audience, C2 has a higher voice and acts like a little kid. It's a pretty cool show, tbh.

what premise doesn't have a disney movie about it? Actually...now that i think about it, don't answer that.

As to the clone thing, I would just let it live as it wants, do as it pleases.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    The Other Me - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This?

I think we would get into a fight over who is the original, and have an epic battle!

He knows all of my wimpy moves, while I know all of his! Our powers are equal!
    How would I ever win?!?!?!

If he comes on here claiming he's me, ban him!

acorn

Quote Originally Posted by Me :p View Post
    I think we would get into a fight over who is the original, and have an epic battle!

He knows all of my wimpy moves, while I know all of his! Our powers are equal!
    How would I ever win?!?!?!

If he comes on here claiming he's me, ban him!
    Multiple identities, both will be banned. On appeal, your explanation to Moo would make interesting reading, though.

Upon first encounter, I think we would both just stand there for a few minutes like "What in the hell...?" then one of us would speak (he is in a different place than me, hopefully varying his current thoughts at least a little from mine, therefore, one of us) and we would just engage in conversation about how cool yet random that is. I'm not sure how I would take not being the original me, though...

After we got all that out of the way, I'm sure we would have fun. There may be a disagreement as to who's xbox controller is who's, but I think we could take turns or something. Playing coop games might be interesting, seeing as we both have the same skill and knowledge, but we also have the same leadership tendencies. That may or may not be a problem, but otherwise, battles against each other would be of utmost epic proportions.

I think we would have to wrestle at some point, that would be really cool. Also, rocking out to music we both like. But then I wonder how the who TBDL thing would be approached. I don't know about that one...

In the long term, if he was to stay for a long time, I don't know how he would make it. It would be a big burden on my parents, and school would just be out there. Now if he had already been living with like... a clone of my family or something living somewhere else nearby, then everything would work out. I guess he wouldn't be an EXACT clone of me then, but close enough...

TLDR version, There would be a couple problems, but besides that, it would be awesome. Long term though, that would be an issue.