View Poll Results: What is your sexual orientation?

Voters
326. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heterosexual

115 35.28%
  • Homosexual

73 22.39%
  • Bisexual

100 30.67%
  • Asexual

38 11.66%
Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Which sexual orientation are you?

Default Which sexual orientation are you?

As there have been numerous threads lately asking which orientation people are, and which is the most common in the *BDL community, I decided to make a poll.

Apologies if this has been done, but I searched several terms and couldn't find anything recent.

For those that don't know: heterosexual means straight and homosexual means gay.

Biromantic asexual. I don't wanna be alone, but I don't really care about sex.

Butterfly Mage

Quote Originally Posted by ShippoFox View Post
    Biromantic asexual. I don't wanna be alone, but I don't really care about sex.
    I married my domestic partner. But neither of us are particularly sexually active in any meaningful way. We love each other and enjoy each other's companionship. So I guess that makes us "homoromantic asexual".

Fascinating poll. I find it really interesting that the same question in the profile area gives you more options - making AB and DL an orientation unto themselves. My take: Freud said that infants were autoerotic - they experienced sexual sensations from suckling, peeing and pooping, all internally generated. I think the majority of AB/DLs are essentially "stuck" in this infantile stage of sexuality - meaning they are primarily autoerotic. So asking if we are homo or hetero sexual doesn't really make any sense - at least for many AB/DLs. I think those that do exhibit a strong preference for one gender partner or the other are strongly influenced by society's expectations. There's no way to prove this though!

This has indeed been done several times but probably not for over a year, so it is probably about time to do it again. The thread(s) which ask this on the basis of the Kinsey Scale poll the question best, in my opinion.

I am an aromantic asexual.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly Mage View Post
    I married my domestic partner. But neither of us are particularly sexually active in any meaningful way. We love each other and enjoy each other's companionship. So I guess that makes us "homoromantic asexual".
    This fits my wife and I to a tee.

I accept that there are many more option or sub options I could have put into this poll, but I decided on a general one. The way I saw it, if we don't have a very large number of replies and there are >10 options, the potentially small vote count on each option could render the result meaningless.
    If anybody wishes to know the distribution within a particular category for example the Kinsey scale, or various romantic associations of asexuality, then you can make a separate poll, or I may make another in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirmyboy View Post
    Fascinating poll. I find it really interesting that the same question in the profile area gives you more options - making AB and DL an orientation unto themselves. My take: Freud said that infants were autoerotic - they experienced sexual sensations from suckling, peeing and pooping, all internally generated. I think the majority of AB/DLs are essentially "stuck" in this infantile stage of sexuality - meaning they are primarily autoerotic. So asking if we are homo or hetero sexual doesn't really make any sense - at least for many AB/DLs. I think those that do exhibit a strong preference for one gender partner or the other are strongly influenced by society's expectations. There's no way to prove this though!
    I do not think the question in the profile actually has many more options that are relevant here. Gay and lesbian both come under homosexual, Bi I've included, and considering there is an 'other kinks' option I think this is what DL, BDSM and Furry are meant to come under. Note that AB isn't listed as an option, as this is usually considered non-sexual, it gives weight to the others being there as kinks.

As to Freud, I'm going to have to disagree. While I disagree with babies getting sexual sensations from internal activities, that is due to a disagreement between my views and Freud's that (nearly) everything can be linked to or explained by a sexual component. I disagree with most ABDLs being 'stuck' in that stage on other grounds. It would mean that ABDLs wouldn't have any sexual desires other than those associated with babyhood, which implies no other fetishes and that every one of us would be asexual, the poll quite clearly implies otherwise. Secondly, for a significant minority, this isn't sexual at all, so where would Freud's theory leave them?

In my view, asking the orientation of an ABDL makes perfect sense, as it is (in my opinion) a kink and therefore secondary to your main sexual preference. It has been noted that sexual orientation is very hard, if at all possible to change, so I find it very unlikely that those in the community to have a strong sexual attraction to the opposite sex, are actually having experiences that came about due to society's expectations. In the case of having a strong attraction to the same sex, that would make even less sense, as that is definitely not society's expectation in the first place.

Asher

I am bisexual, but I lean gay (on the Kinsey scale, I would probably be a 4 or 5).

asexual (hate touching people) but leaning towards hetero (don't want *as if I have a choice* sex with anyone but prefer girls in pictures)