Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not a lurker any more.

Lightbulb Not a lurker any more.

Hey, folks.

I'm a mid-twenties psychology/biology/nursing student attending university in Toronto, Canada, which is coincidentally my birthplace. I am very creative and analytical, and greatly enjoy working with my hands/creating things of all natures - although I focus on computer programming in various languages. I am also a professional bicycle mechanic (it puts me through school!) and am nuts about bikes.

I identify as a DL, with a bit of ageplay thrown into the mix. Mainly, I just don't act my age. I'm generally very playful, mostly appropriately to my real age.

Although I didn't introduce myself until I was forced to, it doesn't mean I don't appreciate the community here. It's just, well: work, school, sleep, work, school, sleep. You know how it is!

Peace,
    Oranges

Pamperix

Hi Oranges, Welcome to ADISC! I've taken several programming classes in college including C++ and Java. What languages are you focused on?

Hi Oranges!
    You wouldn't believe how many kool AB/DLs are born and bred up in Canada!
    Welcome to ADISC!
    Have fun and we look forward to you being an active member here!
    =)

@pamperix: Thanks! I work with Python, C/++, the cadre of Web languages (XHTML, PHP, CSS, + SQL), and Objective-C. I focus on C++ and python. Java is very familiar to me, although I shun it greatly due to having been forced to learn it and considering it less useful than C++ for my purposes.

Pamperix

Quote Originally Posted by Oranges View Post
    @pamperix: Thanks! I work with Python, C/++, the cadre of Web languages (XHTML, PHP, CSS, + SQL), and Objective-C. I focus on C++ and python. Java is very familiar to me, although I shun it greatly due to having been forced to learn it and considering it less useful than C++ for my purposes.
    Cool, that's quite a collection of programming knowledge you have!

Quote Originally Posted by Pamperix View Post
    Cool, that's quite a collection of programming knowledge you have!
    Aw. Thanks. I guess it is. They sort of just amassed over the years of twisting operating systems into doing what I want them to, hah.

Yes. You shall be Canada's Peachy. It is official. We have our own fruit.

I'm in Oshawa, not too far.

I have a bike... though mine is of the motor vehicle variety. ^_^

Also: Moo is watching D:

Welcome to ADISC!

work, school, sleep, work, school, sleep. You know how it is!
    Sounds exactly like my life, except more school and less work and sleep.

I work with Python, C/++, the cadre of Web languages (XHTML, PHP, CSS, + SQL), and Objective-C. I focus on C++ and python. Java is very familiar to me, although I shun it greatly due to having been forced to learn it and considering it less useful than C++ for my purposes
    I've done some programming, but nowhere near as many languages as you. I've mostly programmed in Java (for school) and Fortran & C++ (for work). Just wondering, is Objective-C a form of C/C++?

Quote Originally Posted by HogansHeroes View Post
    Welcome to ADISC!
    I've done some programming, but nowhere near as many languages as you. I've mostly programmed in Java (for school) and Fortran & C++ (for work). Just wondering, is Objective-C a form of C/C++?
    Objective-C is like C, except with a different syntax and nearly-exclusively used by Apple.

This is the one of the big differences in ObjC:

Objective-C - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote Originally Posted by Zephiel View Post
    Also: Moo is watching D:
    :O