Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I feel like I've said this before

Default I feel like I've said this before

OK I'm still getting complaints about my spelling and grammar I understand that you all are getting frustrated about it I truly do. But I don't think it's fray to me that I'm practically getting kicked out of this site because of it .I wouldn't min if my rep what's going down because I was offensive to you , being rood or I said something to mack you mad at me but for this for something i having a little trouble with.I told you all that I'm getting help for it time and time a gin I'm not going to learn how to spell over night so giff me a brack it's not like I'm not trying so do this for me if you don't like me fin than win you see my name don't commit on it If your welling to look past my problem until I better at spelling than thank you for it I'm promise I'll git better in time

Why don't you take a break from posting until you have gotten better, instead?

Every time you post it takes someone to translate what you said. Oftentimes, two people will translate a word differently, and then there is a three page argument about what you really meant. Your posts cause more problems than they solve, and when you're ASKING something half the thread is just about trying to figure out what you are actually asking.

Matt, good for you. I've really noticed a improvement with your spelling, grammar and typing since you've joined the forum.

I know it's hard for you at the moment, but stay positive, you're doing your best and as long as you don't let the doubters get you down then you'll be able to prove them all wrong

Good for you, and good luck

Look, you're either not using a browser with spell-check or you're ignoring it. Using a browser-based spell-check is so standard practice that this is kind of inexcusable. Just to double-check, I copied/pasted your post into a Word document and it highlighted 4 misspelled words (and a 5th if you count the uncapitalized "i").

...and that's just pure spelling errors. You have about 3-4x as many grammar errors, mostly from misspelling words as other words.

I think we, as a community, can be excused for getting frustrated - you're not even grabbing the low-hanging fruit of a spell-checker, much less a grammar-checker. We have a reasonable right to expect that much, given how long this has dragged on.

Quote Originally Posted by NutFreeFruitcake View Post
    Look, you're either not using a browser with spell-check or you're ignoring it. That much is so standard practice that it's kind of inexcusable. Just to double-check, I copied/pasted your post into a Word document and it highlighted 4 misspelled words (and a 5th if you count the uncapitalized "i").

...and that's just pure spelling errors. You have about 3-4x as many grammar errors, mostly from misspelling words as other words.

I think we, as a community, can be excused for getting frustrated - you're not even grabbing the low-hanging fruit of a spell-checker, much less a grammar-checker. We have a reasonable right to expect that much, given how long this has dragged on.
    He uses a spell check. Go look through his posts before he said he got one. It's terrible. He just doesn't use it to its full capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephiel View Post
    He uses a spell check. Go look through his posts before he said he got one. It's terrible. He just doesn't use it to its full capacity.
    i.e. "ignoring it", as I mentioned as a possibility.

i could not understand a thing. How can you have made it through grade school and not be able to spell simple words? NOWHERE in your entire ramble was a period, no stop sign that a thought had ended. You should seriously work with a tutor to improve your english skills before you are left to fend for yourself in an adult world. You would never make it through college level work; let alone when you need to start writing a resume, or written communications for a job.

Quote Originally Posted by NutFreeFruitcake View Post
    i.e. "ignoring it", as I mentioned as a possibility.
    I'm just saying he does use it, but only sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephiel View Post
    I'm just saying he does use it, but only sometimes.
    ...which means he ignores it sometimes as well :P

Quote Originally Posted by diapernh View Post
    i could not understand a thing. How can you have made it through grade school and not be able to spell simple words? NOWHERE in your entire ramble was a period, no stop sign that a thought had ended. You should seriously work with a tutor to improve your english skills before you are left to fend for yourself in an adult world. You would never make it through college level work; let alone when you need to start writing a resume, or written communications for a job.
    Come now, let's be civil! That's really not necessary to say. Matt, I don't think it's very considerate for people to be giving you neg rep when you're clearly having trouble spelling well. There are other people in the forum who have similar difficulties, for a variety of reasons, and no one gives them any trouble. Try putting in your signature something like, "Sorry about my spelling, I have a lot of trouble with it," that way people at least know you're not just trolling. It's not an excuse for avoiding a spell checker, but I don't think you're doing that -- I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt and assume you're just having a lot of difficulty. I think others should do the same, given that you've already made 88 posts and we've dealt with this problem 88 times.
    On another not, if you think your neg rep is not valid, talk to the mods. If it really is invalid, they should be able to remove it.