Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chess anyone??

Default Chess anyone??

Just saw another post where someone mentioned they like chess.

Anyone else here love playing chess as much as I do?? =)

I'd love to play with some of you!

I used to play a lot. I even beat my computer a few times. When my back was bad and I couldn't sleep, I would stand in front of the computer and play chess, sometimes for hours. My particular back problem did not let me sit or lay down. The pain was unbelievable. Eventually it had to be operated on. I do know that I'm not as good as many players, however. I used to get beat all the time by a high school senior when I was teaching. Humiliating to say the least.

Chess rawks.
    I love to play it under the influence of a thing not allowed to be mentioned here.

I like playing chess, but only with an actual board. For some reason I just can't play properly on a computer version and I make REALLY stupid mistakes. I'm not very good, mind you. No one in my area really plays (that I know of).

I love chess, used to play competively for my school. Im quite decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephiel View Post
    I like playing chess, but only with an actual board. For some reason I just can't play properly on a computer version and I make REALLY stupid mistakes. I'm not very good, mind you. No one in my area really plays (that I know of).
    I love chess, but have to play on a board or I make silly mistakes like Zephiel. I think it's because I'm a very visual person, so I can 'see' the moves better on a 3D board in front of me, than on a flat 2D image on a screen.

I play Go more often than chess but I still enjoy playing every now and then.

I love chess, too. The complexity and tactical side of it really suits my way of thinking.

So is anyone else a fan of the English opening or are you all kings/queens pawns people