Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please, I need help..

Unhappy Please, I need help..

I don't know what's going on with me, I am feeling so depressed all the time. This is weird for me because I am usually such an energetic person.

On this website I feel as though I am not wanted, and that everyone hates me. I am 'sure' this isn't true, yet... I still can't help but have this feeling.

In real life I'm dealing with so much that it's almost insane. With the loss of my mother as a child, I've always just known my father to be there. But the doctors are telling him that his heart isn't pumping enough blood and I'm horribly afraid to lose him..

My girlfriend also puts alot of pressure on me. It seems that whenever I don't want to agree with her, or go to see her she makes me feel overwhelming guilt. It's crazy. o. o;;

Also, if you don't know this about me, I suffer from stress incontinence. And on my school bus, there is one guy who always bullies me about it. It honestly drives me insane.

Not to mention school being a living hell. But that's just High School..

Please ADISC... I really just want some advice. /:

In regards to the heart thing, I'm sure I read something in the paper today about a new "wonder drug" that will help save over 10,000 people per year with heart conditions similar to the 1 you describe. I believe it's called Ivabradine.

1-a-day heart wonder drug: Pill could save 10,000 lives every year in UK // Current

Now to attack problems you can truly control:

If your girlfriend is making you feel guilty every time you can't see her, tell her so. If she truly wants to be with you she will understand that there are times you can't see her. You should tell her your feelings, because, if you can't tell your partner your feelings, who can you tell? (rhetorical)

School is always brutal for anyone, be it stressful work, bullying issues or any other random drama. The only advise I can give you for that is;
    1. tell someone about the bullying, a teacher or your parents? I know the idea seems dumb (people seem to think that if you rat a bully out, they'll just bull you more) but it really isn't. 95% of the time, it really works, and if the bullying does increase, you should tell a different person (head-teacher, other parent) and ensure something be done about it, make it clear to the person you're telling that the bully is making you feel depressed.

2. You can only do your best in your work, therefore, if you get a 'C' instead of an 'A' but you worked your ass off, you should be proud, not disappointed. It means that you deserved that C, and people who didn't work as hard as you will get D's or lower (in general) and you shouldn't feel that you "did worse than those who got higher than you" but that you "got better than those who got lower than you"
    This seems rather mean and crude, but its an effective way to stop yourself feeling depressed about work and actually start feeling good.

Finally, ADISC doesn't hate you. Proof: I'm replying and not attacking you and I'm a member of ADISC. =-]

Thank-you so much. I'll try some of these things and I showed my dad that link. He said he's going to look into it! But again, thanks for even looking! It really means alot to me..

: )

I was bullied severely in high school the after affects of which still haunt me. Though I would like to advocate violence I know that would be wrong and cause you far more stress than what is already present. Instead I will advise you this, get your friends close and remember that whoever the hell the bullies think they are you are better, stronger, smarter than they will ever be. Look to the light of the future and leave the bastards buried (metaphorically) in your wake. Illegitimus Non Carborundum.

I've found that the feeling of "no one likes me" comes from within and not without. What I mean is often that's how you feel others should feel, and not what they actually feel. For me, it comes from self-esteem issues that hit me from time to time. It's hard to get past it sometimes... but you just need to recognize where it's coming from - inside. That way you can better deal with it.

What you are going through is called 'Growing up'

First, let me just say that I know things seem like they couldn't get ant worse, but this is temporary. It will pass, and you will feel better.

Now then, A few other things to mention.

Regarding your girlfriend, talk with her about this. It could be that she is unaware that she is doing this, and this should help.

Regarding bulling, this is something that everyone has to deal with at one time or another. The best advice I can give you is to tell someone about it. It may seem like a childish thing to do, but most school districts take bulling very seriously. Talk to a teacher, relative, School Resource Officer (if there is one in your school).

My only other advice I can give you is to stick it out just a little bit longer. You are almost out of high school, and if you decide to go to college, you will find it to be a much better place.

Have you talked to your g/f about how she makes you feel?

Quote Originally Posted by TygerLily View Post
    Have you talked to your g/f about how she makes you feel?
    I honestly have, but every time I try to bring it up it just turns into a big deal and she starts to cry. ): I don't know how to talk to her.

How does it turn into a big deal? What seems the be the common cause for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Minou View Post
    I honestly have, but every time I try to bring it up it just turns into a big deal and she starts to cry. ): I don't know how to talk to her.
    Sometimes when it is hard to talk to someone in person, because emotions get in the way and the other person's contribution to the conversation can steer it in a different direction from the one you intended, I find it easier to write down my feelings. You might want to try writing a letter (or email/facebook message, whatever you're comfortable) to her which outlines how you're feeling - the advantage to writing your feelings down is that you can read over it several times to make sure you've said everything you want to say. It also means the recipient can read it more than once, so if the first time they read it they feel too emotional to take it in properly, they can re-read it later when they've calmed down. Could you consider laying out your feelings to your girlfriend in written form? That way you can be sure you've said all you want to say - after writing it you could always ask somebody you trust (on this forum or r/l) to read it first to make sure there's nothing written in a way that could be misconstrued by your girlfriend before sending it.

As for the bully, the best way to deal with a bully is to ignore them. It's hard, but if they see that their teasing isn't getting them anywhere they will usually stop. You could also try and come back with a come-back for the teasing, something like, "Does teasing someone over a medical condition they can't control really make you feel that big? At least with medical advances in 10 years I'll probably be cured, but you'll still be [insert insult of your choice]."