Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Please form an orderly line.

Default Please form an orderly line.

Yesterday at work I was behind the counter watching people queue to see the new Indiana Jones movie 2 1/2 hours before it was schedueled to begin this inspired my pointless question:

What's the longest amount of time you've ever spent in line & what was the queue for?

I spent 24 hours outside of a Toys 'R' Us store for the XBOX 360 launch day. Interesting experience.
    Last edited by MarcusBear; 23-May-2008 at 11:27.

I don't think anything in this physical world could make me want to waste my time standing in front of a building.

So, probably no longer than 2-3 seconds.

Maybe an hour and a half to go on a ride at a water park.

I hate waiting in line. I honestly don't understand why people would wait in line for a day for something they could just walk in and buy a little later. It doesn't make sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Lurker
    Are you sure? You've never waited in line at the cashier for a couple minutes in order to buy something? You've never waited in a line to use the port-o-potty at a crowded event?

Lemme answer this question in about 9hrs after I've waited in the pre-registration line up at Anime North.

Quote Originally Posted by Woollyneck View Post
    I hate waiting in line. I honestly don't understand why people would wait in line for a day for something they could just walk in and buy a little later. It doesn't make sense to me.
    For fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Lurker
    Would 2-3 seconds even be defined as a line?

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyAshes View Post
    Lemme answer this question in about 9hrs after I've waited in the pre-registration line up at Anime North.
    I greatly anticipate your reply yet also sympathise, I've never been to a convention personally, I've heard stories from others about them lines though.

I'm beginning to sound like a line fetishist, it's nothing like that. Really.

*fap*

Well, hopefully having PREregistered it won't be so bad as going threw at the door registration. >_>

However, I have my PSP just incase we're spending hours in line. x.x

If any line is, is not moving, and I have to wait over five min. I'm outa there.

I won't stand in a line, I get agrivated at the grocery store or super market, if there is more than 1 or 2 people in front of me, and I hate the people who constantly pay by check, at the super market, you always know they have to dig for the drivers licence, like they didn't think anyone would ask for it.

InconJenOnWheels

I don't see any point in waiting in line to buy something you could buy a little later for a better(Read: cheaper) price. I actually just bought a PS3 back in January. The longest I've waited in line was probably 45 minutes to an hour for a ride at Disney. I made the mistake of going when everybosy and their brother was there. Now that I think about it, I waited in line with my mom the day after Thanksgiving to buy a Christmas present for my dad. Probably waited an hour asnd fifteen minutes. Yea, we finally got it home, opened it to make sure everything was there, it wasn't. We bought a DVD player with surround sound. The DVD player wasn't in the box.

Peachy

I think my personal record was 1 1/2 hours, although I'm not sure if that was a ride in an amusement park or waiting for tickets to the White House in Washington D.C. (when you still got in there).
    I'm a rather impatient person, so the idea of waiting in line for twenty-four hours and pissing myself approximately 15 times in the process sounds completely ridiculous. I'd only do it if I was waiting in line to sign up for being given 1 million Euros in cash no strings attached, but certainly not for some piece of electronic equipment whose price will drop quickly in the following months.

Oh, the most ridiculous line of people I've ever seen was about 50 people lining up to board a tram in Blackpool:

The last person probably had to wait half an hour to finally get on a tram (because most of them arrived jam packed already). In that time, I could have easily walked to the other end of the tram line!
    But then, Brits have a peculiar interest in standing in line (and that can't just be a stereotype!).

Peachy

Footed P.J.

I think my record is only 1 hour 15 minutes. I went to Columbus Crew Stadium to see the US Women's soccer team vs. Scotland in 2002. Got there a bit early. Good turnout, but lopsided 8-2 match.