Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is why Texas says "Well, at least we aren't Mississippi"

From the looks of this, the school had attempted to institute affirmative action in a way that totally missed the point.

Quote Originally Posted by NutFreeFruitcake View Post
    From the looks of this, the school had attempted to institute affirmative action in a way that totally missed the point.
    Is this point still valid, or is this point now Balkanizing?

That was honestly one of the strangest articles I have read concerning middle school student council positions. To show a diverse student body is one thing...but a school should never how such power to manipulate a system in such way. Its definitely racist, regardless of intent. What is the point of restricting certain positions in the council by race? What the hell were they thinking?

If I was a student or parent of a student at this school I would be angry too.

Wow that is pretty bad, Especially the response they gave about the half native american girl (if it is true they said that). Can it even be a try at affirmative action considering they only classified people was white or black (which has the other problem of where do native americans fall? or Hispanics, Asians etc)?

I have to wonder who the fuck looked at that policy while it was being drafted and said "now THIS is a good idea!" I don't care that the policy was rescinded in the face of international humiliation, the person/s responsible should lose their job/s.

What is it they say about the road to Hell being paved with?

Quote Originally Posted by dcviper View Post
    What is it they say about the road to Hell being paved with?
    The skulls of naughty children, I thought.

Dwhite

It makes you wonder how they got to the point where they thought this would work out. And really, what can you do as president of a middle school student council anyways.

Wow. In shop class they only make crosses out of fast burning wood.

I am in awe of this, and it is a perfect example why I never want to travel any further south in this country than I already am.