Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: wetting while seated - avoiding leaks?

Default wetting while seated - avoiding leaks?

The last several times I've wet while seated I've had problems with the very front top of my diaper getting damp and causing a wet spot on my tucked in shirt or at the top of my jean shorts.

Yes I'm pointed down. Anything else I need to be considering? It does tend to be a minor flood, maybe that's just the issue, don't even get close to flooding while seated?

Ideally I'd like to be able to use a diaper for extended road trips, seated or possibly driving in a car, but I think a leak early on would ruin things...

Wet slower I guess, or take same weight off your seat with your arms so there is more room for it to spread to the back.

That seems kind of unusual to me, typically if I get leaks while sitting it will be through the leg cuffs at the back, not out the top (Unless I am laying on my stomach).

Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    Wet slower I guess, or take same weight off your seat with your arms so there is more room for it to spread to the back.

That seems kind of unusual to me, typically if I get leaks while sitting it will be through the leg cuffs at the back, not out the top (Unless I am laying on my stomach).
    I've had exactly that problem (out the cuffs just under the cheek) when "lifting", even when laying in bed. So I don't lift anymore. I don't think I'd risk that while seated. Though lately I've built up my tolerance for tighter leg cuffs so maybe that's safer now.

Definitely don't flood - go slower. You may also try folding the top of the diaper down and in to make an extra "leak guard."

Jam6i

uh don't tuck your shirt into your diaper? Having an ABDL having pee stains on his shirt in public just makes everyone else think ABDLs are mentally handicapped. I have never had a problem peeing on my shirt. Again, tucking shirt in diaper is a no no and funny looking.

avoiding floods can sometimes be a challenge, once you start it can be hard to stop.

Pee slowly and make sure the diaper is nice and snug and you should cut down on the leaks.

daipe

For me, this has never been a problem, since I haven't experienced any problems whatsoever, unless the diaper was already way soaked. Maybe it is just because it is quite tight, and the liquid gets absorbed very quickly since the diaper is touching my, erm, you know what!

I've read somewhere that putting a tight belt over your diaper could solve the problem, although I never tried that myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post

Same for me.

@bambinod - sounds to me like you are just filling your diapers really full and when that happens the front material become fully utilized. I would suggest that you add a doubler (the abena maxi's are AWESOME) or plan to change more frequently. Closet Dl also has a good idea about folding the top down.

Also are you being downward with you diaper like boy should that can cause leak if not and it may be a little uncomfotable at first but get use to it after a while .