Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adult Baby Crib/Bed

Default Adult Baby Crib/Bed

Designcrave is a part of a group of websites i frequent and they recently posted a collage of "17 strange and interesting beds" and an adult baby crib was one of them. So now i'm wondering....did they think it was strange.....or interesting?? haha Just thought i'd share.

17 Strange and Interesting Beds

I'm wondering how many people have room for an adult crib or would even want one? I built one, a long untried fantasy of mine, and discover that it was really fun for a few nights, then kind of fun for a couple more, and then it became just a bed you can't roll out of. It is comforting to view the world through the protection of bars just as it is to wander the world in the freedom and, ironically enough, the security of being dressed only in a T-shirt, tennis shoes, and a diaper, but the crib turned into a pretty normal bed rather quickly and I didn't expect that having not slept in one for 43 years or so.

Do you have room for a crib? Do you want one? And, what would you think was a reasonable price for one, especially if it could be taken apart easily when a non-AB was coming to visit? Any answers would be appreciated.

I think they would mark it interesting and anyone that sleep in it strange :P

But it is a nice looking crib even has sliders on it to let the side down. I hope to get one like that some day.

I actually have one, (check my latest blog or gallery for photo) I find it very comforting knowing I am safe from the creepy crawlies of nighttime

I would love one and have a nursery where I can keep it set up. The main thing holding me back is the cost everyone is charging for one. I have everything else for my nursery, except a crib.

I actually don't want a crib. I sleep best next to my husband's body. A crib would personally make me feel exiled. I love being put to sleep, but I also love our bed. He had the sheets and covers custom made for my comfort, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by babygary View Post
    I would love one and have a nursery where I can keep it set up. The main thing holding me back is the cost everyone is charging for one. I have everything else for my nursery, except a crib.
    I built mine, a simple one at best, for about $120.00. What would be a fair price to you? I'm just trying to figure out if I should keep designing because there is an actual market for them, especially if they are easy to store when necessary. It was fun to sleep in one for a couple of weeks but I don't need to every night...

I built one as well, although wasn't able to figure out a proper mechanism for raising and lowering the side rail. This picture has given me a great idea of how to do it! As for the novelty wearing off after a while, I'd agree. It becomes a routine, but isn't that what makes the difference between playing the role, and living the role?