Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xbox 180?<New Systems>|Will it come out?/Anticipation/talk/features you would like

Post Xbox 180?<New Systems>|Will it come out?/Anticipation/talk/features you would like

I have been hearing very little news about the Xbox 180

Quote Originally Posted by The People On Youtube
    Xion
    Will it come out???
    The Features i would like:
    Internet Browser[so i can acess adisc]
    thats all i can think of.
    for now

I doubt that would be the name of it...It's too early for them to come out with a new system anyway...

FullMetal

This is from a Microsoft Conference

The Xbox 180 (cute new nickname for the original Xbox that is sweeping the nation) didn’t have much of a presence. Just that games such as Mortal Kombat Armageddon, Destroy All Humans 2, and LEGO Star Wars II will all be playable at E3.
    But I am still unsure. I mean, Microsoft, in my opinion, should make a portable x box kind of system, juts to compete with the PSP and DS, but what ever. If it does come out...I would get one

FullMetal

Oh...So 180 isn't a new system...It's just the original Xbox...I think Microsoft has said they aren't going to go into the handheld game system...Nintendo has that market won...

yeah, i too, remember seeing a PR post by microsoft saying that sony and nintendo had that market filled and will not be venturing into that zone.

I don't think they will be releasing a portable or hand-held system anytime soon, and heres why:

Firstly, they're already working on the successor to the 360 - I think that's keeping their attention behind the scenes for the most part. There are no details about it, but you know they are. They started work on the 360 very, very shortly after the release of the original xbox.

Secondly, even if the next xbox console isn't taking up their time, there is no point in wasting valuable money or resources to developing a hand-held when. Like Pojo said: Nintendo has that market taken over, and Sony isn't much a competitor to Microsoft these days.

Finally... there have been rumors of a hand-held/portable Microsoft console for years, and there has never been any substance to those rumors.

Now don't get me wrong, I think it could be cool. I doubt I'd ever get it unless it was really nice... I have no needs for a portable console since I don't do much lengthy traveling.

I suppose we all have to wait and see if anything comes out at this year's E3. If they were ever going to announce something like that, it would be there and then.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby Jake View Post
    I have no needs for a portable console since I don't do much lengthy traveling.

I play my PSP and DS at home pretty often.

Quote Originally Posted by ShippoFox View Post

I play my PSP and DS at home pretty often.
    Yeahhh... I could do that but I already have a 360, will have a PS3, and have a bomb PC right now. No really need to add a PSP to the list lol

Though I do want to play the Metal Gear that's out for it... and the God of War... Mmmm... tasty.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby Jake View Post
    Yeahhh... I could do that but I already have a 360, will have a PS3, and have a bomb PC right now. No really need to add a PSP to the list lol

Though I do want to play the Metal Gear that's out for it... and the God of War... Mmmm... tasty.
    I beat God Of War on my psp in about 6 hours. I beat MGS:PO in about 10 hours. The plotline was all just about the money from the end of MGS3. To me it served little to no purpose at all. Also the lack of dual sticks and a small screen makes MGS feel horrible.

I like Ridge Racer better then both of them.