Thread: I have about a 25 inch waist. What Diapers would you reccomend?

Default I have about a 25 inch waist. What Diapers would you reccomend?

I ordered a pack of goodnites that should arrive early next week. However I recently measured my waist size and it came out to be ~ 25 inches. How would size 7 baby diapers fit? Would other adult diapers be to big?

JamieGboy

Now take my advice with a grain of salt because ive been very limited in my trials of diapers but Ive been told that with my ~28-29 inch waist that I will fit into size 7 and maybe just barely into size 6 if I really try. Ive also been told that some adult diapers might just not fit me well because of my waist size and also my weight. Im pretty sure weight can be a major factor in all of this so that might be helpful information to also give.

JamieGboy

Quote Originally Posted by curious88 View Post
    Im about 130 pounds & 5'10
    So you are about my size with a tiny bit smaller waist...I would suggest from what little knowledge that I have going with Goodnites and I think that Small Size adult diapers should fit just fine. I mean there has to be some sizing charts that you can google (XP Medical - Adult Diaper Sizing Guide). Hope that helps and if you try something out and you find more about the sizing clue me in because like I said we are about the same size.

Thanks! I'm curious (no pun intended) what you mean by fit in to size 7.... I mean would it be a decent fit, or would it be really uncomfortable/ small fit?

JamieGboy

I think that the size 7 would probably be a decent fit, not superb but pretty good. The size 6 I get the feeling would be a rather tight fit and my guess is that they would most likely leak if you were moving around a lot.

im a size 28 waist and i barely squeeze into pampers cruisers size 7....i combine them some times with adult cloth backed diapers....cuteness that fits.....huggies pull ups size 4t-5t fit pretty decent but they arent diapers...i think you should fit fine....but waist size is only part of it...how big is your rear...what about hip size....

angelabauer

Quote Originally Posted by curious88 View Post
    I ordered a pack of goodnites that should arrive early next week. However I recently measured my waist size and it came out to be ~ 25 inches. How would size 7 baby diapers fit? Would other adult diapers be to big?
    With people larger than toddlers, when fitting diapers you need to measure both waist and hips, then use whichever is larger. Even toddler disposables take into consideration different body types. Size 5 is designed for average build toddlers. Size 6 is designed for husky build toddlers, with thicker thighs. Size 7 is designed for taller and husky build toddlers.

This is why Attends considers height, weight and hips/waist on their size charts. To ensure a minimum of leaks in bed, it is necessary that a diaper ride high enough in back. Often that is not all the way to the waist, but it does need to cover the butt completely. That is why height must be considered, because it predicts the needed rise or length of the diaper. To stay in place once wet, a diaper should reach above the hips even if it does not reach the waist. On a typical woman the hips will be larger, but on guys with a beer belly sometimes the waist is larger. That can really interfere with diaper fit. Weight is a good indicator of thigh size in adults. You will note in toddler disposables there is hardly any weight difference listed for Sizes 5, 6 and 7.

When thinking about an adult wearing a Size 6 or 7, consider that actual girls of 11, only 4'8" tall, weighing 80 pounds with 24" hips find the Pampers Cruisers Size 7 too short to effectively cover their butts in bed. GoodNites pull-on have a lot more rise and are designed for people larger than tall toddlers.

In short, if you're a teen or adult they won't really "fit". You may get them on, and they may stay on and even work pretty well, but they won't fit like they will on a baby or toddler. Unless maybe you're a midget with a small arse