Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Liberal America, national issues.

Default Thoughts on Liberal America, national issues.

*SNIP* Sorry, that was unfair of me.
    ---------------------------------------

This country is getting very liberal very fast, and it's getting kind of scary to sit back and watch. As our country's REAL problems (hello, oil spill in the Gulf, people in New Orleans still suffering from Hurricane Katrina from a hurricane SIX YEARS AGO, our economy...) but no, everyone's too concerned with offending someone else. It's getting bad where saying "Bless You" when you sneeze is considered offensive. Are you kidding me? It's a simple expression of politeness when someone sneezes. It's not "ZOMG YOU SNEEZED GET ON YER KNEES AND BE BLESSED BY GOD". As well as the "African American" issue. White people are white, black people are black -- but no, that's too "racist". It's also sickening that it's socially accepted for Black people to constantly rag on White people while White people can't call black people "black" without being labeled a racist and being shunned from the community.

I live in a pretty ghetto community. I'm white, one of a total of SEVEN in my ENTIRE school district. Me, my siblings, and my white friends are all CONSTANTLY busted on for the simple fact that we're white. Is this not as racist as white people hating on black people?

I'm not a racist by any means - it's just that as black people don't like getting nailed by white people for being black, we don't like it vice versa either. But one isn't socially accepted, the other is. BOTH shouldn't be socially accepted!

We need to think about MAIN issues. Our own people are starving, jobless, and families are falling apart. Businesses are crumbling and our economy is in the toilet. Illegal aliens are running ramped (oh, I'm sorry, I'm not allowed to talk about that either without being "racist") while hard-working citizens are scrapping for food, while aliens get welfare for their children and are able to live comfortably in a country they don't belong in without giving ANYTHING back. And yet our own citizens are paying for them to live this way. But no one sees any problem with this in the White House.

We need to start thinking about our citizens instead of foreign affairs and pleasing everyone else. The whole egotistical attitude this country has towards being the "world police" for the planet is ridiculous. Take a step back, America, and take a look at the big picture. The world looks at you in disgust. Maybe that's why 2/3rd of them don't like you (us).

Who knows. Maybe it's about time we have another revolution. Afterall, the founding fathers of our nation set the example where if a government is unfit to govern properly and efficiently, the governed have the right to overthrow the government.

Oh, wait, I guess I'm not allowed to say that either, right?
    Last edited by mm3; 21-Aug-2010 at 04:50.

Quote Originally Posted by mm3 View Post
    I find it very disturbing that Obama (and Democrats in general) are contemplating ditching the 2nd amendment. I mean, this is something you just don't do. The 2nd amendment was added to the Constitution when it was created.
    I may well respond to the rest of this later, but this part which you started with is flat out absurd, absolutely false, and makes me question where the hell you get your news from.

Obama is the greatest gift to firearms industry in a generation. Despite being clearly unwilling to touch the extremely politically touchy issue of gun control with a 20-foot-pole, the far right has all kind of conspiracy theories about his intentions to restrict guns. As a result, gun sales have been booming ever since the '08 election as people stock up entirely on the unfounded fear that restrictions from the Obama camp are perpetually right around the corner.

The guy has literally said nothing on the topic whatsoever other than to respond to the landmark Supreme Court ruling on the DC handgun ban with a speech affirming the 2nd Amendment right to personally bear arms but suggesting that common-sense rules for obtaining a gun should be in place. He has taken zero action of any kind whatsoever on the issue.

Your whole reason for starting this thread is flat-out false. /thread
    Last edited by Fruitkitty; 21-Aug-2010 at 05:21.

im a big supporter of the second amendement and think most gun control is wrong. but president obama has not once said he wants to abolish the 2nd amendment....turn off fox news my friend and join the real world....

Quote Originally Posted by waslost1234abc View Post
    im a big supporter of the second amendement and think most gun control is wrong. but president obama has not once said he wants to abolish the 2nd amendment....turn off fox news my friend and join the real world....

Quote Originally Posted by NutFreeFruitcake View Post
    I may well respond to the rest of this later, but this part which you started with is flat out absurd, absolutely false, and makes me question where the hell you get your news from.

Obama is the greatest gift to firearms industry in a generation. Despite being clearly unwilling to touch the extremely politically touch issue of gun control with a 20-foot-pole, the far right has all kind of conspiracy theories about his intentions to restrict guns. As a result, gun sales have been booming ever since the '08 election as people stock up entirely on the unfounded fear that restrictions from the Obama camp are perpetually right around the corner.

The guy has literally said nothing on the topic whatsoever other than to respond to the landmark Supreme Court ruling on the DC handgun ban with a speech affirming the 2nd Amendment right to personally bear arms but suggested that common-sense rules for obtaining a gun should be in place. He has taken zero action of any kind whatsoever on the issue.

Your whole reason for starting this thread is flat-out false. /thread

Okay... yeah, let me back up a bit. I'm in rant mode. And let me apologize as I *am* wrong in pointing the finger at the Democrats for something that not exactly is true. My whole rant on that was from today, I was talking with my father today and apparently he's unable to buy any firearms in the state of New York due to him not passing a "screening" when he went to buy a replacement pistol. Now, what screening could this be? He's a civil serviceman and he's an Army Veteran.

Let me just take out the whole bit about the firearms and focus more on the other stuff of the thread. Again, my apologies.

There is so much false news and rumors about Obama that it is very disturbing. This started with the so called "death camps" about health care. Fox News and extreme conservatives have no conscious about lying and misquoting.

As for racism and reverse discrimination, our senator from Virginia, Jim Webb wants to eliminate affirmative action for the reason that one, it isn't needed, and two, white people no longer have the dominance they once had. I teach in a middle school which is predominately black. This is not unusual when you life in the South. It has taken getting used to. I think the thing that bugs me the most is certainly not race, but stupidity. I have no trouble with people who are not as intelligent as myself, because differences are a fact of life, but I am concerned that the media promotes stupidity, and those who are impressionable are only to happy to embrace it. Sagging pants, bling, shirts with inappropriate messages, and attitude are sad indicators of the downturn of this country.

I am a person who seeks artistic beauty and I believe my kind are a dying breed. I believe we all are empty vessels and we become that which we chose to put into ourselves.

Can't stand Obama or most of his administration, but he's said nothing about the 2nd amendment. Not even anything you could twist into sounding like he wants to "take away your guns."

America would go to war against its own government if they tried to do such a thing. No quicker way to incite violence in the public. Any smart cops would quit their jobs, rather than risk getting shot when attempting to confiscate firearms.

Unfortunately, any time a Democrat gets in office, firearms and ammunition (especially ammunition) prices skyrocket, meaning for at least four years I can't afford to shoot any of my weapons, or get new ones. Well, I can shoot my .22, but that's not exactly fun, compared to a .45 magnum semi-auto pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    I think the thing that bugs me the most is certainly not race, but stupidity. I have no trouble with people who are not as intelligent as myself, because differences are a fact of life, but I am concerned that the media promotes stupidity, and those who are impressionable are only to happy to embrace it. Sagging pants, bling, shirts with inappropriate messages, and attitude are sad indicators of the downturn of this country.

I am a person who seeks artistic beauty and I believe my kind are a dying breed. I believe we all are empty vessels and we become that which we chose to put into ourselves.
    This, for sure.

Obama is actually quite centrist: see his positions on gun control, gay rights, and offshore oil drilling for examples. He may be portrayed as the liberal apocalypse, but in reality he's been criticized for not being liberal enough from his own party.

*I can't comment on the racism issues you're talking about. I come from a place where it's socially acceptable to call black people negroes. Well, it's mostly old people, but it's there.

*As long as america is prosperous, she will always have illegal immigrants. But I don't believe they get welfare or a free ride. Correct me if I'm wrong, but a lot of these illegal immigrants you have live in poverty with no health care, no unemployment insurance, no dental plans, and they can't go on the dole (because they aren't american citizens). However, they use services and buy things in america just like you do.

*Instead of complaining about how america is turning liberal or conservative, I think things would get done a lot faster if everyone worked together instead of demonizing the "other side" (as if there were another side. All I see are Americans).

Quote Originally Posted by mm3 View Post
    Okay... yeah, let me back up a bit. I'm in rant mode. And let me apologize as I *am* wrong in pointing the finger at the Democrats for something that not exactly is true. My whole rant on that was from today, I was talking with my father today and apparently he's unable to buy any firearms in the state of New York due to him not passing a "screening" when he went to buy a replacement pistol. Now, what screening could this be? He's a civil serviceman and he's an Army Veteran.

Let me just take out the whole bit about the firearms and focus more on the other stuff of the thread. Again, my apologies.
    you think thats bad, i cant legally own a fire arm due to a 4th degree domestic violence assault on my brother when i was 13....i was in foster care and i didnt touch him but threatned him....any how im now 28 i dont have an adult record and thats the only conviction on my sealed juvenile record but yet i still cant legally buy a firearm or get a concealed weapons permit unless i go through a lengthy and expensive restoration of rights process.....its the only misdemeanor crime that can do this to you and it was meant to prevent abusive husbands from coming back with a legally purchased fire arm to kill their wife....but countless people like my self have been caught up in this....so i understand yours and your dads frustration but please dont fall into the trap of blaming those who arent at fault...divide and conquer politics employed by the right is ruining civility in this country and i commend you for aknowledging comments you made in the heat of the moment and apologizing....