Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any tips on building a fur suit?

Default Any tips on building a fur suit?

I'm going to begin work on a fur suit soon and have done a great deal of research on doing so, but if anyone has some recomendations on good materials or knows some cool tricks your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Zythren View Post
    Never ever use hot glue.
    Ummm....... ya you do. The only instructions I've seen use hot glue. You glue the foam base for, lets say the head, and then sew the fur to that. I'd say the best thing you could do to figure out how to build a fur suit is to look and the guides people have posted on the internet. They probably know more than anyone on this site does.

Thats the exact reasearch I've been doing actually. spent 4 hours going through sites making lists of materials and such. I'm pretty happy as I found an easy way to do a head with a working mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Caledfwlch View Post
    I'd love to buy one, but I don't have the money.
    The materials have to cost a bunch too though right? Just wondering ive never made a fur suit.

Quote Originally Posted by xxrunnerbabyxx View Post
    The materials have to cost a bunch too though right? Just wondering ive never made a fur suit.
    Actually the most of the suit I'm making is going to us a upholstery foam construction . much of the expense comes from the fur. This site I found has some good itips and instructions on making a fur suit She has done some awsome work.

Ive never made one myself but from what Ive gathered from friends that have is always measure twice and then cut once. though that advice usually stands for any project. good luck with the project and remember to have fun doing it.