Thread: musty diapers

Default musty diapers

so, when i bought the last of the plastic-backed kendall lille that the shop had (around xmas), i put them into storage in the shed. i kept a couple of packs in b/room, of course, to be used. and then, they were used.
    i got a 'fresh' pack out of the shed and despite it being a sealed pack and bagged in a bin-liner (no breathing holes), the pack and the diapers inside stink of mustiness.
    anybody know how to rid the smell?
    i've tried dettol aerosol, but it didn't work and, obviously, i can't just use any old liquid. currently, i've plonked the pack on top of my wardrobe in the hope that it'll air out. the one that i've worn was left out for a couple of days and had sunlight upon it, to no effect.

I'd say your pretty much outta luck. Sorry. Baby powder can only do so much.

could be the stuff in the diapers "rotting" but I dont know, I don't really keep them around for that long.

You could try to air them out for a few hours if you have that sort of time/space available. I have doubts about completely removing the smell though.

maybe u could use a tad bit of baking soda. I use that in my shoes many times to rid them of their musty smell after they get wet

ta, for t'replies. i may try baking soda, and possibly leave it a good while to permeate.
    what a bummer, though, eh?

The only thing I can really think of is to take them outta the packs and let them air out for a few days.