• Clock Tower

1 3.70%
  • (other)

7 25.93%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Most loved horror game.

Daswin

Default Most loved horror game.

I Don't know about you, but one type of game I will always love is horror games. As of now I'm playing Dead Space, it's fun, but not my most loved or favorite. That title belongs to Silent Hill 3. Never have I played such a scary game! The fact that you can't kill the monsters makes it very scary. Like in real life you're not a superman that can fight off everybody. I find that the less weapons a game gives you the more scary that game is. If I had to say make a list it might look like this. I might go old school 90s on most of them. If you name I'll play it if I have not played it yet. I love the bone chilling feeling you get when you aim your gun at the door in the low lit room or when the monster is running at you and you never look back as you run away.
    5. Resident Evil 2
    4. System Shock 2
    3. Silent Hill
    2. F.E.A.R.
    1. Silent Hill 3
    You don't need to make a list if you can't think of 5.

Rule of rose was a so so game, but pretty cool conceptually. I was never a fan of RE till number 4 because I couldn't deal with the controls, which is odd because I am fine with silent hill, and silent hill two is probably my favorite game. Clocktower was also pretty good back in the day, and Fatal Frame rocks.

I'd say FEAR but that's mostly because I haven't played any of the other titles mentioned in the poll =p
    I remember when I was younger I found Trespasser very scary with the raptors sneaking up on you.

Resident Evil FTW! I own all the games including the GBC one and the European exclusive ones.
    1.Resident Evil Remake
    2.Resident Evil The Umbrella Chronicles
    3.Resident Evil 0
    4.Resident Evil 4
    5.That video game starring Celine Dion (Just hearing her is scary enough lol)

Let's see...
    5. Silent Hill 2
    4. Silent Hill 3
    3. Fatal Frame
    2. Resident Evil: Outbreak (Files 1 and 2)
    1. Resident Evil 2

Honestly, I love all horror games for the most part. I can't get enough of survival horror, which makes me sad because it's pretty much a dying breed with the 'action' camera angles and what not. Resident Evil 5 had barely any 'Survival horror' aspects to it, which made me sad... =(

As horror goes dead space was pretty good, on the highest difficulty it even became stressful due to enemies taking a great deal of punishment and not dropping ammo. resident evil 5 on the other hand was more action I was really hoping for real zombies but at least the game play wasn't bad.

Three words

but seriously, Pernumbra series by FAR. this game doesnt need the jump out at you and scream factor, this game goes for atmosphere and story. Oh... plus, there are pretty much no weapons so run and hide.

Daswin

RE5 in my eyes was not at any point horror. At most it was action thriller. I did like RE5, but I hate it too. I hate the movies with a very strong passion for fucking up my game. I hate everything about the movies. They had so many characters to make the star and we get this Alice bitch! Dead Space really is RE4 in space. I'm never really that scared in that game. I know when the monster is coming and with a gun that shoots saw blades....kinda covered on the killing the monster. The lack of ammo just makes it hard and not scary since you can't outrun half the monsters....but I do like the game and need to beat it.

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ShiningFire View Post
    Let's see...
    5. Silent Hill 2
    4. Silent Hill 3
    3. Fatal Frame
    2. Resident Evil: Outbreak (Files 1 and 2)
    1. Resident Evil 2

Honestly, I love all horror games for the most part. I can't get enough of survival horror, which makes me sad because it's pretty much a dying breed with the 'action' camera angles and what not. Resident Evil 5 had barely any 'Survival horror' aspects to it, which made me sad... =(
    Even Silent Hill is dying. Well Lets hope FEAR 3 still has some horror. I felt like 2 was to shooter though. I like that mech, but is was a little much. The fire fights in that game were always a good thing....that meant Alma was not around.

---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by frillyfoxy View Post
    Rule of rose was a so so game, but pretty cool conceptually. I was never a fan of RE till number 4 because I couldn't deal with the controls, which is odd because I am fine with silent hill, and silent hill two is probably my favorite game. Clocktower was also pretty good back in the day, and Fatal Frame rocks.
    Finlay a person that played Clocktower! I don't know you're age, but I feel like I'm the only teenager that has played it. ><

project zero, or fatal frame as i think its called over state side? anyway yeah project zero has to be my fav horror series. its the only game that i hated to play because it was terrifying. now dont get me wrong i loved playing it to, and i swear i didnt just finish it because i thought it was cursed and the ghosts would come after me if i didnt, but yeah definately check it out if you can. its hella creepy, terrible voice acting tho but it makes up for that with being twisted