Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: An ABUniverse experience update...

Default An ABUniverse experience update...

Figured I'd give a bit of an update, since I decided to give ABU one last try...

I've always been pretty outspoken against them, primarily because when the first set up shop, they left a bunch of people (including myself) with unfulfilled orders... That, and the fact that they created an account here to spam our boards with positive reviews.

They (and others) keep saying they cleaned up their act, so when a friend told me that they were selling Abenas now, and had a free stuffer deal, I decided to give 'em another try.

The diapers: Abena X-Plus Medium, one case with 30 of their stuffers, which are similar to Bambino Quadros, if a little less absorbent. The price was lower than XP Medical, but with shipping included (XP does free shipping on cases, ABU does not) came out to be within a dollar or two of XP. I ordered last Monday (a week ago today), was promptly emailed a confirmation receipt, and within a few hours I had an email with a tracking number, without even asking for one. They shipped same-day, and I could track the package via Fedex the next morning.

The case and the stuffers arrived today, in sturdy, discrete boxes (they were I believe old Molicare boxes turned inside out), and with lots of packing tape. No giveaway markings, and no damage.

I didn't have to interact with their customer service this time around, but the order went flawlessly and I've got no complaints. I figured that since I've been vocal about their shortcomings in the past, I should relay a good experience as well.

As for the diapers... They're Abenas. They get the job done, kinda like Bacardi.

Well at least this means they are getting better. I just wish the shiping wasn't so long.

I'd think Iowa would be a 3-4 day affair as they're coming from Washington, but I could be wrong. Usually anything ground is 6-7 days from the left coast to here in MA. The cool thing is that they shipped the same day... I ordered around 10-11AM, and they were shipped out that afternoon. XP and others do this sometime as well, but I didn't expect it from ABU.

Competition is good in the custom diaper market, and we're lucky to have two relatively big players... Both of them doing well only benefits us.

I too must say they have done a total 180 and I'm very pleased with their products and service.

I agree. They even have a will call for those that live close enough to pick up. I've been there a few times to pick up diapers. They are always very nice and don't make you feel uncomfortable at all!

im glad they seem to be getting their act together but i will always have a this irritated feeling when i hear the name abuniverse. i live in washington state...south of where their factor is located(their factory is in snohomish wa) this feeling i have about them i was asked at one point if i wanted to work for them as a customer service manager...at the time i was out of work and jumped at the opportunity setting up a time to come up and visit every one and see the factory. i took the bus up which was a 4 hour trip each way....the meeting went well and besides the normal chit chat about what my job was to entail we also talked about me sitting in on strategy sessions. the whole experience was very pleaseant. i was told i had a job with them and that i would start soon. i told both kyle and jenny that i was in the process of moving into a 4 bedroom house and that once i was set up internet phone computers etc in my office that i would contact them and i would stay in contact with them. jenny gave me her cell phone and i also received the parent companies email....guess what.....i never heard from either of them again.....not one phone call not one email returned since that day....not one text...absolutely no explanation what so ever as to why this happened.....this was about maybe 6-8 months ago and i finally gave up in frustration trying to contact either of them. they provide a service and im happy they are getting better with customer service...i used to be an abuniverse defender but not any longer......

I like the cushies the and they occasionally have deals on free shipping i ordered 80 cushies, 40 super dry kids they had a deal on abena (2 medium cases for $80 or something like that) and i bought 2 cases of medium assure(they say they fit a 44 waist but they can't fit my 36 waist). They also lowered there prices recently. Bambinos are also great. I have tons of diapers right now I am happy.

i was considdering buying from abu.. no longer. after stuff i have heard about them, i do not beleave that they are worthy of my money.....

ofcoarse i will not be able to buy from them for a bit unless i had an address other than my home for them to send to. cause there isnt a way in hell i woud be able to get them sent with my parents around...
    bad or good, they are the same for me in this case.

ABUniverse

NEJay: I want to thank you for posting this. Someone who has a bad experience will most likely post where someone who has a good experience wouldn't normally post about it. We have some new management both in the fulfillment end and the customer service end so I'm sure I can attribute that to your good experience. Thanks for giving us another chance.

---------- Post added at 04:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by crazyboy135 View Post
    i was considdering buying from abu.. no longer. after stuff i have heard about them, i do not beleave that they are worthy of my money.....

ofcoarse i will not be able to buy from them for a bit unless i had an address other than my home for them to send to. cause there isnt a way in hell i woud be able to get them sent with my parents around...
    bad or good, they are the same for me in this case.
    I would suggest getting a PO Box, that way your parents won't ever know if you get anything.

Hi, Zack. I have never purchased anything form your company, nor have I had any contact with any ABU representatives. To be honest, I had heard too many bad things said about ABU to risk ordering any of the items your company offers. However, if I continue to hear that things have turned around, and that ABU can be trusted, I may eventually make a purchase or two. Good luck, I hope I hear nothing but good things about your company.