Thread: A cheap, international online diaper shop ?

Default A cheap, international online diaper shop ?

OK. I haven't been diapered for six months or so. Now I'm on vacation, I want to stay diapered all nights, but I find adult diapers at near stores quite expensive and I just don't fit on baby diapers. I've looked on some stores online that have excellent prices, but they say "Shipping to the U.S. or Canada only". I don't want to be diapered only 10 nights in all my 3 months of vacations.

Anyone willing to help me in my quest to find international shippings??

Hm...Well I think you're one of the first people I've seen here form Mexico...I don't know about international shipping though...All I can think of is just checking all the sites you can think of that sell diapers and check the shipping...Yeah...I know it's not that much help...

I'm not sure about the availability of diapers in mexico, but maybe you are lucky and a diaper factory is within mail-reach. If you can locate one, why not call and ask them if they'd send "some" *coughawholecasecough* to you? They should at least have lower prices than the pharmacies/supermarkets .

Maybe they also sell "B-Ware" diapers (i.e. ones with small cosmetic damages, like wrong colors or not enough/too much absorbancy stuff (win-win ), or are even usually throwing those away, so you could arrange buying them or something like that.

If they don't send them, a trip could be worth, too (although gas isn't cheap nowadays :-/ ). It's also possible that THEY know where diapers are sold far cheaper than in pharmacies, so they might be able to give you better tips than us

Darkfinn

Hmm... I don't know of any diaper companies in Mexico right off hand. My only advise is to scour the internet and see what you can find. Shipping internationally is very expensive (I do it a lot at work) and may make the cost so high that you couldn't afford the diapers anyways.

EmeraldsAndLime

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfinn View Post
    Hmm... I don't know of any diaper companies in Mexico right off hand. My only advise is to scour the internet and see what you can find. Shipping internationally is very expensive (I do it a lot at work) and may make the cost so high that you couldn't afford the diapers anyways.
    Not everyone wears 24/7 Darkfinn.

If you only get the chance to wear them once every so often, then it's quite reasonable to pay the expensive shipping to get some good diapers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukie View Post
    Not everyone wears 24/7 Darkfinn.

If you only get the chance to wear them once every so often, then it's quite reasonable to pay the expensive shipping to get some good diapers.
    Not when it's equal to, or more than, the actual cost of the diapers themselves...IMO at least. It's expensive just to ship to Canada from US or vice versa, and I can only imagine the cost from US to Mexico.

Why don't you try here: ShopInPrivate.com - Shop In Private At The World's Most Private Drugstore - It looks like they ship anywhere and from what I see, they are really discreet.

Just try the wiki first: How do I get diapers? - ADISC Answers Wiki

If you scroll down it tells you where you can buy online and if they ship internationally. It looks like each has a few different kinds too, so you have some selection.

Save Express in Germany also ships worldwide.

SaveExpress | Sanitaetsfachhandel Save Express Oliver Weidlich Sanitaetshaus

I have never bought anything from them, but I know of others that have, and haven't had any problems.

cpndl

Quote Originally Posted by r0bino View Post

I'm not sure about the availability of diapers in mexico, but maybe you are lucky and a diaper factory is within mail-reach. If you can locate one, why not call and ask them if they'd send "some" *coughawholecasecough* to you? They should at least have lower prices than the pharmacies/supermarkets .

Maybe they also sell "B-Ware" diapers (i.e. ones with small cosmetic damages, like wrong colors or not enough/too much absorbancy stuff (win-win ), or are even usually throwing those away, so you could arrange buying them or something like that.
    Not like the diaper factory sells their products, but the products they don't sell to the supermarket because they are like the "B-Ware" ones, they take them to small stores.

After some research and long trips outside my house, I found one of this little stores. They are like a diaper paradise. They have good products, except that maybe some diapers come with no waist bands or the tapes aren't good quality, but it is much like the stuff you get on the supermarkets and in a really low price. I dunno who makes some Barney decorated diapers, but it seems they make a lot of mistakes, and because of that mistakes, I could buy more, with less money.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyKat View Post
    Just try the wiki first: How do I get diapers? - ADISC Answers Wiki

If you scroll down it tells you where you can buy online and if they ship internationally. It looks like each has a few different kinds too, so you have some selection.
    That was really helpful. The reason I wanted to buy online was that I had an approximate on how much I was going to spend on the shipping, but so far every online store I visited had a high price on the diaper itself. But anyway, those stores look very good. Maybe I'll have the opportunity to buy in them later.
    Last edited by Peachy; 20-May-2008 at 22:51. Reason: merging double post - please use "multiple quotes"-feature!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfinn View Post
    Shipping internationally is very expensive (I do it a lot at work) and may make the cost so high that you couldn't afford the diapers anyways.
    True, I do not know exact prices though, so I would say this is one reason shipping internationally is out of the qeustion for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukie View Post
    No it still would not be worth it for him to buy diapers internationally. Only if he found a place from mexico that shipped, then it would be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyKat View Post
    Not when it's equal to, or more than, the actual cost of the diapers themselves...IMO at least. It's expensive just to ship to Canada from US or vice versa, and I can only imagine the cost from US to Mexico.
    Great point, I did not even think of this until I read your post. Except I am sure I would have thought of it eventually Mexico's peso is worth a very small fraction of the amercan dollar, but I do not rememeber the exact difference except thats not imporant. What is important in this situation is that it would cost him a lot more to buy diapers from America, than Mexico, and not just because of the huge international shipping cost, but because of the currenc value difference. A case of diapers would be somewhere around 70-80 dollars, and for most people in mexico thats like a week's pay, if that for a lot of people there. No offense to our friend diapercame though, just stating economical facts, and not trying to say your poor, so please no offense.

So in conclusion I would say take BabyKats advice and the advice you just said in your last post, by sticking to Mexico for your diapers. There has got to be a place that has good diapers there somewhere in the country that will ship to you.