Thread: I Gotta Question About Folks With Nuk 5 Paci's

Default I Gotta Question About Folks With Nuk 5 Paci's

So I have owned one nuk 5 in my day and I loved how large it was and fit so great in my mouth. I would attempt to suck on it all the time BUT I'm not sure because of the angle of my teeth or how I suck on it but I would get almost like blood bruises on the inside of my lips and it would hurt the next few days. I tried sucking it all possible ways but to no avail. So the question is.....Anybody else have this weird phenomenon happen to them? Or am I just a strange one?

Blood bruises... like cankers? I get those a lot. Annoying buggers, they are. It's from a small cut getting infected with a certain bacteria. It's a similar strain to herpes, I believe.

Other than that, I have no idea what you might mean.

Nope not small round sores. This is all along my lip line. Like my lips got stuck in a vacuum and brought the blood to the surface.

Then I have no idea. I don't get those, but I do get a lot of cankers. Blech.

Loopygone

It sounds like your lip is getting stuck in between your teeth and the dummy, causing the blisters. Another cause could be an allergic reaction to the latax used in nuk5's. Sadly theres no way round this, and they don't make silicon ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Loopy View Post
    It sounds like your lip is getting stuck in between your teeth and the dummy, causing the blisters. Another cause could be an allergic reaction to the latax used in nuk5's. Sadly theres no way round this, and they don't make silicon ones.
    To be honest, that one sounds very likely.

But yeah I don't really see any other explanations then what has been mentioned.

Try not to suck so hard? What you are describing happends to me sometimes. Usually when Im sucking all night long...but yeah find a happy medium?

yeah I know what you're talking about. When I suck on it at night, I'll wake up and have what feel like intentions in my mouth from having it pressed up against my cheeks all night. It's odd, and I usually have to go without it for a while after that, but I love sleeping with it...

I think it is happening because you accidentally get your lips between the nuk and your teeth. I have a small Paci and that happens to me too. I just have to remember to keep my lips out of the way. This goes for the inside too... that also happens to me.

I am getting a nuk 5 paci for the 1st time in the mail soon and hopefully I can still keep that from happening to me.

Hmm o.O
    Strange I've sucked my thumb my whole life and pacifiers for many years and never had this problem. One of us is doing something wrong I think ...