Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I miss the old forum.

Unhappy I miss the old forum.

I don't know if anyone else on ADISC feels this way, but I miss TBDL.org. It always seemed friendly, everyone in the community was happy to see you, and, at least for me, it just seemed happier. I miss some of my old friends from that site, and people who I looked up to. I miss the great stories that died with the crash, even my own story, The Infantilist Chapters of My Life, which I am negligent to re-write. (It was a fun hobby, it even got me 4 reputation points, but I don't know if I'll ever re-do it.) The community was smaller, warmer, closer-knit, and I always felt... wanted... which I don't always feel here. I remember finding out that there were others like me.

While there's nothing wrong with the modern site, it's just different. While I like the fact that there is much more diversity in age, I still miss when it was more for teenagers, because they are going through the same stuff that I am at this time. Now, I get the feeling sometimes that I'm not taken seriously. My crackpot theory? Reputation. Looking around, I notice that many people 16> have consistently lower reputation counts than our older friends in infantilism, and although you may argue, "Russian, it's because your posts suck more," I know that I try my best to make good, well thought out posts.

Also, the quality of the threads has changed. There are more repetitive topics now, in my opinion, the worst offender is the legalization topic. One or two threads on it would be fine, but now it seems like that's all a lot of people want to talk about anymore. F***ing drugs. Oh, and all forms of sex and genitalia size and shape, too.

I just want to feel accepted and loved. Usually, ADISC is good about this, but my bottom line is, times have changed, but I don't know if I have, too. I hope that, in reading this, you will not just shrug it off and negrep me, but will seriously consider what I am saying. Peace everyone, thanks for reading this piss-and-moan rant, please post if you have any comments.

-The Russian

P.S. I am Han Solo, if any of you remember me.

Ive noticed that many people have been repping posts that make them laugh or insignificant things like that. I think its always good to add a little joke just in case. But yes they should be repping helpful or informational posts.

Quote Originally Posted by The Russian View Post
    the worst offender is the legalization topic. One or two threads on it would be fine, but now it seems like that's all a lot of people want to talk about anymore. F***ing drugs.
    lawl, i know, right? how many threads do we need full of people getting their panties in a bunch over whether or not marijuana should be legal? i was bored with that topic the fifth or sixth time we had a thread about it. now i don't even bother to open those threads.

i don't really see that much of a difference between the old forum and the new one. it's still the same community. it's true that it's bigger than it used to be, but it's still a thousand times better than most other AB/DL communities. every time i start to really dislike someone in this community i remind myself how cool it is that i've actually gotten to know them well enough to dislike them. in most other places, you'd never get to know someone's actual personality. i see people having conversations that are like
    "i like diapeees!"
    "i like diapees too!!!!1"
    "we like diapees!!!!1one =DD"
    it's a shame that ADISC is getting a bit larger and more impersonal. but at least we'll never be like that.

looking down the member list at the people with the highest reputation, i don't really see any evidence that reputation has anything to do with age. mandi has the highest reputation right now, and she's only 17. to me this forum still seems to be oriented toward teens. i'm glad of that: it keeps people on their best behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by avery View Post
    lawl, i know, right? how many threads do we need full of people getting their panties in a bunch over whether or not marijuana should be legal? i was bored with that topic the fifth or sixth time we had a thread about it. now i don't even bother to open those threads.

i don't really see that much of a difference between the old forum and the new one. it's still the same community. it's true that it's bigger than it used to be, but it's still a thousand times better than most other AB/DL communities. every time i start to really dislike someone in this community i remind myself how cool it is that i've actually gotten to know them well enough to dislike them. in most other places, you'd never get to know someone's actual personality. i see people having conversations that are like
    "i like diapeees!"
    "i like diapees too!!!!1"
    "we like diapees!!!!1one =DD"
    it's a shame that ADISC is getting a bit larger and more impersonal. but at least we'll never be like that.

looking down the member list at the people with the highest reputation, i don't really see any evidence that reputation has anything to do with age. mandi has the highest reputation right now, and she's only 17. to me this forum still seems to be oriented toward teens. i'm glad of that: it keeps people on their best behavior.
    she has a lot of referrals I was one of them and I think you get like 2 or 3 rep just for one of those. Anyways I was never on TBDL.com though I did check it out once or twice but back then I was on another site and I recently switched from there to here since this place is more active.

The problem with being one of the largest sites is more and more people will start jumping into the mix and thus it will get more impersonal. I try to be as open as I can without giving away my phone number or stuff like that. But I do tend to talk about stuff here more then I do with the people that are around me in real life.

The bigger things get though the worse off they do. Everything collapses on itself at some point. Then something new comes along and it starts the cycle all over again. No matter what everything changes as depressing as it may sound.

Nostalgia goggle syndrome.

It made me download virtual console games which I thought were awesome & fun in the ''good ol' days'' but now, the they just suck.

I don't know if anyone else on ADISC feels this way, but I miss TBDL.org.
    Got over it, quite quickly infact, I got more irritated by people reminiscing the ''flawless'' TBDL.org days than I did the site being purged into oblivion.

I still miss when it was more for teenagers
    When I registered on this site I was a teenager, woefully people do get older. As to your ''crackpot'' theory it isn't all that surprising that the senior members recieve more reputation than the younger, seeing as they have the privilage of wearing the 'been there done that' stylish clothing range, thus they're able to respond with personal, well constructed advice thus earning more reputation, it isn't some deprive the young of reputation conspiracy, nor when you think about it a big revelation. Besides having 100> reputation and through fault of my own crashing back down to 0 I couldn't give two shits about reputation, I know now it isn't as important as its cracked up to be nor do I need lots of it to make me feel as though my opinion isn't being taken as seriously as others, that's nothing more than emo self torment.

Also, the quality of the threads has changed. There are more repetitive topics now, in my opinion, the worst offender is the legalization topic. One or two threads on it would be fine, but now it seems like that's all a lot of people want to talk about anymore. F***ing drugs. Oh, and all forms of sex and genitalia size and shape, too.
    HELLO!?! this website is full of teenagers, young or hormone enraged of course there are lots of topics about sex, drugs & rock n' roll, that's what our target audience is curious about. Hypothetically if TBDL.org were still active and we had the mature section you'd see the exact same topics of discussion there, it has nothing to do with this forum being of lesser quality than TBDL. That's just nostalgia syndrome talking.

Quote Originally Posted by Me :P
    Ive noticed that many people have been repping posts that make them laugh or insignificant things like that. I think its always good to add a little joke just in case.
    Identical to TBDL, how do you think I got all my reputation on the TBDL forum? Because I was teh funny. Besides, what's so bad about being given reputation for making people laugh? Making someone feel good is just as important as giving step by step instructions on how to make a diaper out of a bin bag and a tub of washing up liquid.

Don't tell me which posts I can or can not give out reputation to, if I feel like I should give pro rep to someone that made me laugh, get over it.

The bigger things get though the worse off they do
    Only because of members complaining ''they got here'' first and moan about how they aren't being paid enough attention than they used to make it worse, thank god we got over that.

The bottom line is times have changed, don't like it? Get over it.
    Last edited by MarcusBear; 18-May-2008 at 11:27.

daria7483

Well, I'm one of the newer members, and I was never a member of TBDL.org. I had heard it was a great forum, but I never joined, partially because I was an active member at teenbabynet.org (which I haven't been to since joining this site, I feel a little guilty) and partially because the name seemed to imply it was mainly a teen site. Now, I know that sounds funny since I was at another site with "teen baby" in the name, but I was personally invited to join that site and the person who invited me assured me that it wasn't just teens.

When I first joined here, I was a little discouraged because it seemed like while TBN had quite a few college students or recent college graduates, it seemed like this site was mostly teens or adults much younger than me. I wondered how I'd fit in. It's not that I dislike teens - although, you'd probably think I did, from some of my other posts. I dislike a lot of characteristics that some teens these days have, and I won't go into that on this thread, because by and large, the teens here don't have those characteristics. Time and time again I've read a thread thinking "wow, this is really well-written and very mature" only to look at the poster's age and see that he/she was under 18. So I'd have to second naruto's comments about reputation.

It's just that, if a site is almost ALL teens, I just don't feel comfortable there. Although I sympathize with teens having to deal with their parents and getting caught, I get a little tired of "omg my parents found my diapers" threads and other similar ones that crop up more on sites with lots of teens. It's like the legalizing drugs threads. And although I can relate to most things teens said even though I'm not one anymore, I feel a little lame and grandma-ish continually writing "well, when I was your age" or "back when I was a teen."

Not to mention that if, by chance, this site was ever looked at by authorities thinking it was a pedo site - which does happen, unfortunately - one or two adults on a site with mostly teens would look really sketchy for those adults. And I feel like to a degree, I need to maintain a distance from teens in the AB/TB/DL community because of that. I don't want someone's mom discovering they've been on this site, freaking out, and then finding a whole bunch of PMs from a 24-year-old and assuming the worst.

On the other hand, I've explored adults-only sites, although not recently, and never liked what I saw - most of the posts seem to be sexually related and there's very little intelligent discussion. I like that this site, because it has teens, has to stay fairly clean. I enjoy posting in topics like "what's your ideal penis size," it's the ones where people describe exactly what they're doing in their diapers that I hate seeing. I like that we can discuss sex without it having to become sexual.

So, I guess the point I'm trying to make is I feel like a site like this offers the best of both worlds. I never visited TBDL so I don't know what I missed, but I really like adisc and I'm glad it's here.

I preferred the old website, but all the changes that were made aren't the website's fault, it's Moo's. I hate all the new rules, especially about memes and the taboo 4chan topic or anything that's related to it (like Anonymous), EVEN in the Mature forum. It pisses me off.
    Another thing that I hate is the secret VIP requirement. Moo told me that he had enough of people who thought that they only had to get reputation to become a VIP or something similar, but isn't the point in reputation to show how respectable someone is and worthy of being on a higher rank?
    There are many other things that annoy me with the new forums, like all the added features that are really pointless, at least to me, as well as the advertising politic with ADISC, and Moo's obsession with being in the first Google results. It attracts lots of members, which is not a good thing to me. I found TBDL thanks to my motivation, and I believe that helping random people to find the site through Google is stupid and pointless. I also don't like the fact that people who donate get more stuff, but I know that a lot of money was wasted during the crash and that you need help from members, so I don't mind. But I wonder when the donations will be hidden from the top of the main page, because it looks like MMORPGs that want you to pay to get extra items.
    Also, to anyone who agrees with what I think about all this, I'm one of the only people who stands up and says what they think should be changed (yes, there are things that can and should be changed). That doesn't help with influencing our beloved administrator. Oh noes, revolution.

I could find a lot more things that I hate about the new system, but again, I don't blame the website itself.

Oh, by the way, the name change seems to attract even more pedophiles than before, at least to me. Maybe the proportion non-perv/perv is lower than before, but there ARE more members who join every day.

Footed P.J.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSunDS View Post
    I preferred the old website, but all the changes that were made aren't the website's fault, it's Moo's. I hate all the new rules, especially about memes and the taboo 4chan topic or anything that's related to it (like Anonymous), EVEN in the Mature forum. It pisses me off.
    Another thing that I hate is the secret VIP requirement. Moo told me that he had enough of people who thought that they only had to get reputation to become a VIP or something similar, but isn't the point in reputation to show how respectable someone is and worthy of being on a higher rank?
    Yes, it is. However, that's a matter of opinion, imho. I think I'm worth maybe a few more points than 1, but others have reason not to think so. I do wonder if popularity is starting to penetrate the site, though. So, maybe more safeguards need to be put in place. I do admit, I'd love to know these secrets, but trust there is a reason they are secret.

There are many other things that annoy me with the new forums, like all the added features that are really pointless, at least to me, as well as the advertising politic with ADISC,
    Well, I do like the features, but it does seem like some of the usergroups are hard pressed to get off of the ground. Personally, in that area, I'd love a reply system, which kind of notifies you when you are replied to.

As far as the "advertising politic", not even sure what it is.

The site is bigger, and obviously that makes the whole community less tight. But it's not like it is much of a struggle to know everyone... I feel like I know all the VIPs and regular posters well.
    I do miss being able to read most posts, as opposed to just some posts that I can read now. But that's not really a big deal, it's not like I've ever seen a regular or VIP and thought "Oh, I've never seen them before".

As for the age difference, I don't know. I think we have it a pretty good way. Members as young as 13, members as old as [insert oldest age here]. The poll on this showed it to be about 50/50 between under and over 18s. I like having younger teens here, because the site is after all a support site, and they do benefit from the site a lot. And the younger teens keep everyone else clean. I like that people, as Daria said, "can discuss sex without it having to become sexual", and I wouldn't like it if people swore excessively or got too descriptive about certain things.
    I like older members, because they inject maturity into everyone else, and give the place a more grown up feel.

On on Darksun's post:
    Yes there are more rules, but they are often for a good reason. And the meme rule is technically gone, except you can still get negative rep for it. Personally I think the problem is with people being too quick to give negative rep. Having vague, commonsensical rules are great, but people can abuse them... Having strict rules isn't good because there's always exceptions, and you end up lots of complicated rules.
    I like the rules we have now, I think people just need to get over the obsession with rep.

Donors don't get much extra stuff... What do you mean? The only thing that donors get (apart from the satisfaction of donating ) is a pink username, if they want. And also they have the title "donor". That's it.

And I don't think the name change has attracted more pedos at all. If anything going from "teen" to "adult" has helped with this.

Definitely TBDL.org was better. Nowadays, we are getting to be less personal, less of a group of friends, and just a group of people who know each other's names. Rep has become a joke, yes. People are giving rep points for insignificant things, things that you can get from Comedy Central.

In conclusion, TBDL.org was much better.