Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Childhood Dream Job

Default Childhood Dream Job

Back in first grade i think everyone was ask the question, "What do you want to be when you grow up?"
    Most kids give answers like doctor or police officer, but when it was my turn to answer I told everyone that I wanted to be an accountant.
    I probably didn't know what an accountant really did back then, all I really knew was that an accountant worked with large amounts of money and that intrigued me.
    Who knew that years later I would still have the same dream as an adult.
    My dream of becoming an accountant never changed throughout my entire life, which I think makes me one of the few people in the world who actually has fulfilled or I guess is in the process of fulfilling their childhood dream job.

So what was your dream job as a child?

Have you fulfilled or are you fulfilling your childhood dream job?

If not, what did you choose to do instead?

Well, I've always wanted to work with computers or in the video game industry.
    I'm getting there, taking PC Repair classes and such, and hopefully one day will be able to expand on the whole game thing.

R134A

When I was asked. I said a Bus Driver. But now my idea changed, since I work around cars. I want to work on peoples cars, engine work, brakes, etc. As well as working on the A/C's in peoples cars.

I'm currently working on getting my 609 Certification so that I will be certified as an Automotive A/C Tech.

I'm actually fixing to take the certification test sometime this week. I'm just studying up on it and making sure that I'm ready.

Edit: I now hold my 609 MVAC Technician Certificate. I took the test today and passed.
    Last edited by R134A; 13-Aug-2010 at 00:14.

Quote Originally Posted by babymace View Post
    So what was your dream job as a child?
    "[To] write books and help people."

Have you fulfilled or are you fulfilling your childhood dream job?
    Maybe. Unfortunately, the process of getting "street-cred" has taken considerably longer than I had planned when I was 5. Actually, it was only when I saw all the cracks in the Academy that I decided to throw myself under the bus and facilitate others learning and growing within its dominion.

If not, what did you choose to do instead?
    Well, nothing. I'm still working on writing books. I'm still working on helping people. In the interim, I help in smaller ways, giving nudges and such.

I wanted to be a fighter pilot in the military. it looked so awesome to moveso gracefully through the air and dogfight

no i cannot fulfill this job. i am excluded from the military because I have a seizure disorder and no flying for me cuz I wear glasses too.

I want to be a church musician or a pastor right now. but the college professor is still in the running.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinx View Post
    Well, I've always wanted to work with computers or in the video game industry.
    ^THIS

and i still want to, to this day.

I've always wanted to be a minister, and I'm in the process of fulfilling that by being at uni and on a training/mentoring course for ministerial ordinance

Mine was a video game maker. Im currently studying computer sciences to do just that!

secretdl26

I always wanted to be a automotive designer.

Doing the drawings, layout, clay modeling, and all the other stuff involved in designing a new car model was fascinating to me.