Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Should I wait it out or go to see a doctor? Health issues.

Default Should I wait it out or go to see a doctor? Health issues.

Aight, I've been having issues lately, such as not getting enough sleep (less than 2 hours a day is NOT cool), not hungry, don't have an appetite, and a a tiny bit of depression. I've started thinking things I shouldn't be thinking, and a bit vice versa.

I want to ask said title, mainly because I'm not sure if it'll go away. For the past week, I doubt I've slept anymore than ten hours, give or take two. Despite countless cups of tea, exercise, and some massages, nothings' working. I'm VERY confused, I'll wake up in the middle of the night and not go back to sleep, so I'll log on here.

Any suggestions?

DannyTheNinja

If it's only been two days, get Mom to take your temp and lay down. Vitamin C, garlic and echinacea help. Going to the doc wouldn't hurt, but you can probably give it another day or two.

Of course the standard disclaimers apply. IANADAEIIWADIANYD (I Am Not A Doctor And Even If I Was A Doctor I Am Not Your Doctor.)

--Danny

Heh, I know the risks of listening to someone I don't know, but it helps if there is a lot of users that agree on it. Vitamin C is down, I eat maybe one or two oranges a day, garlic not so sure. I'll try to wait it out 'till the weekend, but as usual any other replies that concur with Danny are HIGHLY appreciated (dragsnick I haven't left you out) or any other suggestions. This on top of my personal life (Family ain't going good right now) is getting into a living hell, so it feels twice as worse.

Quote Originally Posted by carbonfiber View Post
    Heh, I know the risks of listening to someone I don't know, but it helps if there is a lot of users that agree on it. Vitamin C is down, I eat maybe one or two oranges a day, garlic not so sure. I'll try to wait it out 'till the weekend, but as usual any other replies that concur with Danny are HIGHLY appreciated (dragsnick I haven't left you out) or any other suggestions. This on top of my personal life (Family ain't going good right now) is getting into a living hell, so it feels twice as worse.
    Yeah... if you can't sleep try getting some Sleeping aids. (P.M. Pills) Those will help you out. Or Benedryl... those things will knock you out. Maybe if you at least get a full nights sleep you'll feel better? If not then go to the doc ASAP.

CarbonFiber,

You are probably experiencing what we call stress or anxiety. I am no doctor so i am not rulling out to go and see your doctor by the way.

You mentioned that your family life and/or personal life isnt great at the minute, infact, you described it as "going into hell". Usually, when people have problems or issues that affect them, i.e, family issues or personal issues then they tend to get down, stressed and show symptoms of anxiety. All the signs above, i.e, sleepless nights, no apeitite etc are signs of anxiety.

My suggestion would be to talk to someone. It doesnt have to be your parents, it could be your doctor, a close friend or someone your trust. Just open up and tell them everything that is annoying you. Once you do this the other person will try to help you and reassure you of the things thats annoying you and getting you down.

Once you talk to someone then you will feel yourself a huge weight lifted off your shoulders and you will start to feel good again.

Remember, go to your doctor, talk to him and get his advice.

Hope this helps,

Ginger

Lilprincessai

I hope you feel better. Relax try listening to classical music, clear your mind of all the grief. I'm nowhere near a doctor but what everyone said is good advice.

Butterfly Mage

It sounds like more than a little depression. Clinical depression has more components than just feeling down. The lack of sleep and appetite are classic symptoms too. I would see a doctor as soon as you can.

Update. Was on the way to school, and about half way there I told my dad to just take me back, so he could leave my sis and her friend at school, I feel HORRID. I cannot go to M.r or Mrs. Docs right now, gonna have to wait. Took some Pepto-B, dear LORD it made it worse a bit. Thank for the help so far though guys, I appreciate it.

EDIT: Sorry if it's like a rant, but my stomach is pretty much in control of me ATM.

I would go with Butterfly Mage or BabyGinger. It sounds to me like you have anxiety that sould be causing your depression or clinical depression and a situation that brings a lot of anxiety. I would lay down and try to let all the stress of your life slip out of your mind. I dont know if ADISC is a nice place to hang out but it always reminds you of how bad things are in real life (if they are). so if you need to take a break from here too so you arrent reminded of an unfortunate situation at home then that might be a good Idea.

on the other hand if this is your stress relif then dont discontinue your visiting here cuz this might be all that is keeping you sane.

Most importantly try to fill your mind with positive things and expierences from your life that make you smile and laugh. watch a mindless sitcom or comedy that will make you laugh. laughter helps.

you just need to stop dwelling on all the negative and focus more on the positive.

for example:
    not "damn, I'm back at school and it sucks"
    think "sweet I get to see my friends and have fun with them (even though the school part isnt fun)"

I'll be prayin for ya Dude