Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you feel like being an infantilist gives you more understanding of other people?

Default Do you feel like being an infantilist gives you more understanding of other people?

Such as Transgendered, or gay people? I feel like it does for me. (I'm straight) the main reason as such is that this is a feeling I can't help. A desire that I can't ever qualm only by participating in it. So even if being like that is out of the norm like infantilism is I can really relate with gay people better then if I was just purely straight. I seem to have better patience and tolerance to many other people due to my infantilism. It's not my fault i'm like this just like it's not the gay or tran people's fault. It's just who we are and we can't help it....

Anyway do you feel that infantilism gives you a better understanding to many other people and lifestyles?

While I don't consider myself an infantilist I do realize there are certain things and/or thoughts that people simply cannot control. I try my best to be open minded and understand where others are coming from, but it's not always easy. I have this one friend who has come into contact with others that I know and they all think he's weird and a flake. To me his brain is just wired differently as so is everyone else. He is still an intelligent human being that is capable of great things. If we all thought the same and agreed with each other all the time I would think it'd be a pretty dull world. There are many things in life we may never understand because either we haven't yet experienced them or maybe we never will... who knows.

I am not the type of person that automatically shuts another person out if I find out they have a certain fetish or maybe they are attracted to the same sex. As long as they don't try to harm me or anyone I care about, I'm open minded and try to understand them better. As long as I' m respected, others will get the same in return!

I'm straight, and I'm not an infantilist either, but yes I have found myself more accepting of others orientations / fetishes....
    But it was only after I was able to accept myself for who I am that I was able to do that.

I now believe that a large percentage of the homophobic types are the ones who refuse to come to terms with their own "demons" and therefore demonize those who they perceive to be "those people". Even if they aren't...

Accept yourself for who you are and enjoy it! It ain't nobodies business but your own.

As long as it ain't hurtin' nobody.

I definitely think this is true. Even though we may enjoy our infantilism, we know that it's something beyond our control and something that's a part of us. We know that fighting against it is like fighting against living.

So when it comes to people with other lifestyles that may be different than me but are causing no harm, I try to view it in the way that an outsider might view my infantilism. It gives me an insight into them that I probably wouldn't have if I was not an infantilist.

I think that every infantilist, that has accepted his or her feelings, has had a period in which they where questioning themself if what they feel is right, if they are "normal" and etc. Most of those come to the conclusion that, although they may be a bit different, they are still just as human as anyone else, and don't want to be thought of different because of those feelings.

This idea may help you a lot accepting other people that are "different" in some way, because we know what it is to be like that, and we know that although people are different, they are still human and should be treated as such.

In such a way I think Infantilism can have an effect on understanding of other people.

PS: Lol, It sounds really formal reading it back XD

I know that a lot of other things about me lend me more understanding of people, while also putting me in some kind of social limbo.

My childhood causes me to sympathize with MtF transgender people, but I am cisgender. My chromosomes cause me to sympathize with anyone deemed a mutant, but my mutations are not something that the naked eye would notice. My neurons cause me to sympathize with those who have mental/emotional disorders, but I pass for typical albeit a bit odd.

I'm gay myself, so being understanding kinda comes with the territory.
    I've faced many of the issues others in the LGBT community have, and felt as ashamed, closeted and confused as the next person.
    I consider myself lucky in this respect, as I feel this experience has actually helped ME come to terms with MY infantilism.
    I remind myself that people are who they are, and they cannot choose it or change it. This is life. And although their "thing" might be against the norm, it is rarely the sum of them as a person. So look deeper.

Dan x

Absolutely it has!

Having developed as a DL very early in life, i've gone through a similar rollercoaster range of emotions that many in the LGBT community describe. Puberty is awkward enough without having sudden sexual urges towards diapers. You go through self destructive phases of questioning whether you are some kind of freak or not. Having a feeling of something being wrong with you that you can not change really takes a toll on you.

As a straight guy, it has made me much more understanding and sympathetic towards those feeling rejected for being different. I just want to tell people "You're okay, there's nothing wrong with you being yourself."

In my sophomore year of college, I was in a situation where another guy in one of our campus groups was being chastised for wanting to become a furry. He became open about it, and others in the group decided they should hold an intervention to try and prevent him from becoming one. They trashed his decision and the fandom. During the meeting, I pulled him aside and told him "Hey, don't let any of these guys dictate what you do with your own life. Do what you want to do, don't let them try and fit you into some box of how you should behave. Besides, there is no such thing as weirdness, it's just a perceived variance from socially constructed norms."

He went on to become a furry, and I felt good about it.

Possibly, I have always been understanding of others and my opinions of gays or transgendered haven't really changed since I've become an AB/DL. That said I do believe I can relate to them a bit better by knowing a part of my life is beyond my control in the same way parts of their life are.

Yeah, it has, and I also somewhat understand a bit more about psychology. (Or pretend to :P)
    I do understand, and can sorta empathise with them, "ZOMG WORLD IS AGAINST ME I R FREEK"
    Yeah. I also feel more accepting, I can't really reject them, can I? That would be hypocritical.