Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Diaper stash found by my dad

Unhappy Diaper stash found by my dad

I have been wearing for 2 years now and I havn't been really wearing in a while. and I have never been caught before. But I keep my stash of Abri's in a brown box, and then I put waaay deep in the crawl space of my house.

now NORMALLY the crawlspace doesn't have anyone in there for a year at a time, but when my dad fixed some plumbing issues like 6 months ago he left a few tools under there. So the other day we hit a sprinkler line and he needs those tools to fix it.

So he goes under the house and finds my box of diapers.... I think, today I asked if he needed me to go get those tools from under the house and he said "I already got them, and I found some thing else, do you know what I found?"

there isnt anything else down there and he said it so that I know he found them.
    I kinda just shrugged off his question and went on. but he really didn't seem angry or mad or anything, he was kinda teasing me more than anything.

So should I just go on like nothing happened? Or should I tell him?

And better yet what should I tell him If he was to bring it up? I am kinda scared to know what he is going to say in the future.

Does any one know of a website that I could give to him that would explain that I am a DL and not really weird or anything.

He's probably not going to bring it up agian. He's probably going to file this under 'Awkward and shameful things I know about my son that I will never talk to him about'. Go with it, but try not to get caught agian.

I Agree on that, but like at the same time He was teasing me about the fact that he had found them, instead of just not saying anything. so i dont know what he will do.

Why would he link those to you? Only if you have a really good reason for him to do that should you even start to consider talking to him. But even then I don't think you should. Just keep quiet and if h comes to you about it you might want to tell him but only then.

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyAshes View Post
    He's probably not going to bring it up agian. He's probably going to file this under 'Awkward and shameful things I know about my son that I will never talk to him about'. Go with it, but try not to get caught agian.
    Well that's kind of harsh...And see, society has gotten to even you - diapers are just taboo in our society...there's really nothing "shameful" about them...Awkward yes.

A lot of people, even here have a hard time with that one. If you believe what others tell you/make you believe, how can we ever bring it around to anyone else? Anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by swan View Post
    I kinda just shrugged off his question and went on. but he really didn't seem angry or mad or anything, he was kinda teasing me more than anything.

And better yet what should I tell him If he was to bring it up? I am kinda scared to know what he is going to say in the future.

Does any one know of a website that I could give to him that would explain that I am a DL and not really weird or anything.
    Either way, it doesn't sound like you have anything to really worry about. If he's just teasing that's not too bad...At least he's not mad.

It really is up to you whether you tell him or not...That's a decision you should make yourself. Don't let your decision be swayed by me or anyone else on here for that matter. And a lot of people, even on here, seem to be quite terrified of telling...From my experience, the sooner you get it over with, the sooner it's a thing in the past...I wear diapers around my family all the time, but we still don't speak about it...But I told them a few years ago, and they're just starting to understand now. Besides, it sounds like he already knows...Maybe it's better you straighten out what he thinks before he hears about something from DPF or like Jerry Springer. Maybe he even thought it was cute and was just poking fun at you. You never know.

You have basically two options. One is you don't tell him and I mean you can really tell them anytime later. There really is no going back once you do. But the other is the fact that if it does work out, it'll be kind of a relief, and you won't have to worry that he doesn't pick up any misconceptions about it. Also this is probably the best time to tell him if any, since it's already a present issue. So good luck, and keep us informed with what you do/any updates.

EDIT: By the way, you're on this site for a reason ...what better one is there...Maybe you can dig up an article or two - check the wiki.

a site that helps explain ab/dl is dailydiapers.com
    also the diapersuperstore.com

Quote Originally Posted by wetatnight View Post
    a site that helps explain ab/dl is dailydiapers.com
    also the diapersuperstore.com
    Oh I know another site that can explain too... It's ADISC. A really awesome site.

Quote Originally Posted by HardcoreMickal View Post
    Oh I know another site that can explain too... It's ADISC. A really awesome site.
    Exactly what I just said...just better. LOL.

I think it would just be best not to bring it up...He may bring it up again sometime soon (depending when this actually happened), but yeah...But go with the flow of it

Countdown

Quote Originally Posted by swan View Post
    I have been wearing for 2 years now and I havn't been really wearing in a while. and I have never been caught before. But I keep my stash of Abri's in a brown box, and then I put waaay deep in the crawl space of my house.

now NORMALLY the crawlspace doesn't have anyone in there for a year at a time, but when my dad fixed some plumbing issues like 6 months ago he left a few tools under there. So the other day we hit a sprinkler line and he needs those tools to fix it.

So he goes under the house and finds my box of diapers.... I think, today I asked if he needed me to go get those tools from under the house and he said "I already got them, and I found some thing else, do you know what I found?"

there isnt anything else down there and he said it so that I know he found them.

I personally would let it go and act like nothing happened. If he doesn't bring it up, you shouldn't either.

If he does bring it up, well, seeing as he found your entire stash, I'd just tell him the whole truth.

Don't give him a website. Sit down and have a mature conversation with him. Tell him your feelings and be honest with him. If you explain to him that diapers aren't hurting anyone, and they're used as a stress reliever, I'm sure your father will understand.