Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Buying a Gamecube tomorrow - what games should I get?

Default Buying a Gamecube tomorrow - what games should I get?

What would you say are the Gamecube "classics"?
    I am definitely going to get Wind Waker, since I am a fan of the Zelda games, and Resident Evil because I love survival horrors. But I have no clue what others to look for.

Thanks.

That's my collection of GCN games. So yeah enjoy it. ^^

I doubt my local CEX will have all of those in stock lol.
    Will look out for some of those tomorrow.

take my old gamecube it is a piece of junk that takes up place plus i need to get rid of it (too bad i cant send anything online or else i would have bambinos)

get legend of zelda wind waker

The original Metroid Prime was insanely awesome, and the second was still pretty good. Both Pokemon games (Colosseum and XD) were also extremely fun. Super Smash Bros. Melee is a must, and pretty much all the Sonic games are awesome.

That being said, you may just want to save up some money and buy a Wii instead, since nothing new is ever coming out on the Gamecube.

I don't really like the first three Resident Evils because of the movement thing. The fourth one is the one I like!

Quote Originally Posted by pastrami View Post
    The original Metroid Prime was insanely awesome, and the second was still pretty good. Both Pokemon games (Colosseum and XD) were also extremely fun. Super Smash Bros. Melee is a must, and pretty much all the Sonic games are awesome.

That being said, you may just want to save up some money and buy a Wii instead, since nothing new is ever coming out on the Gamecube.
    Just because something new is not coming out on the console doesn't make it void of fun. I just recently bought a Sega Saturn and Neo Geo Pocket Color.... so yeah there is fun to be had. A GCN will run $30 bucks.... a Wii possibly $200 then another $20 for the GCN controller..... Which would possibly already come with the GCN for $30. Let the person have her gamecube!

Wii has exactly the same hardware as GameCube; just a different OS. At this time I wouldn't buy any consoles from Nintendo - If I were to purchase a console it'd have to be an Xbox360
    Last edited by timmahtherebel; 11-Aug-2010 at 08:25. Reason: Ahahahahahah I didn't realize... major brainfart.

Well, here is what I would definitely look out for:
    -Baten Kaitos, probably one of the most original and underated RPG of all time
    -Skies of Arcadia, tough be warned: it has more random battles in one dungeon that most games have in there entire length.
    -F-ZERO GX, the one word to describe that game is awesome.
    -Soul Calibur II, still the best SC game out there.
    -Tales of Symphonia, if for no reason that I like that game :P
    -Ikaruga, a completely insane 'shump (only recommended if you actually like that kind of game, tough)
    -Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, a very competent tactical RPG.
    -Super Monkey Ball/Super Monkey Ball 2, its by the guys that made F-ZERO GX so it has to be good ^^
    -Wave Race: Blue Storm, still the best jetski game on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by timmahtherebel View Post
    Wii has exactly the same hardware as GameCube; just different hardware. At this time I wouldn't buy any consoles from Nintendo - If I were to purchase a console it'd have to be an Xbox360
    *Mind exploding*

Definitely get Fire Emblem POR, I've yet to get to it myself because I wanted to play the Wii one first but all my friends thought it was great and from what I saw it's worth it. A lot of the gamecube games are being sold at firesale prices so if you see something you like for a few bucks, I don't see how that can go wrong. I had some awesome finds when the PSX went out of style and I got so many awesome rpgs for $10!