Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What's the worst that could happen?

Exclamation What's the worst that could happen?

My question is: How did your parents take it when you told them of your AD/DLism? To give you an idea, my mom took it pretty hard. Being a devout christian, she told me what I was doing was evil. She then fought my dad for custody so she could take me to a shrink. She won, and she did, and although the shrink couldn't "help" me, I told her he did so she would leave me be and let me come back to my dad's. This process took about seven months and was among the darker times in my life.

My parents took it both differently though there wasn't any "Your evil, wearing diapers is wrong sleeping with your plushies is sick!"

My dad tried to be understanding about it and actually got me some attends and din't see a problem with me sleeping with my plushies again. As for my mom she doesn't understand it nearly at all, if any. However, she knows it makes me happy.

The only person who's ever called it wrong was my older brother and I don't even know why I bothered telling him in a e-mail. He was all like "Your hiding away from the world, blah blah blah." He's always been the one who thought walk a mile in someones shoes before you bash them.. but as always he knows me better then I do myself. At least so he think's.

Quote Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
    My question is: How did your parents take it when you told them of your AD/DLism? To give you an idea, my mom took it pretty hard. Being a devout christian, she told me what I was doing was evil. She then fought my dad for custody so she could take me to a shrink. She won, and she did, and although the shrink couldn't "help" me, I told her he did so she would leave me be and let me come back to my dad's. This process took about seven months and was among the darker times in my life.
    Mother told my sister. Told me not to tell my dad. thought me sleeing with a plushy was cute 8c
    My other sister IDK(She knows I'm a furry 8c and told my mother.)
    My dad compared it to being gay(he did not like.)

They embarrassed me when the subject gets brought up so I avoid it like the plague.

Spearmint

Haven't told them and never will.

BernardFx

I didn't tell them: They busted me. But they took it super cool. They don't bother me, and still get to buy me supplys.

They think it's just a phase. But in reality...

ZapdosSmithh

How is Being a TB/DL Evil... Thats why im not a very religious person. Im Agnostic

Butterfly Mage

I haven't spoken to my father in 15 years. Mom doesn't care about the DL thing as long as it's not thrown in her face. Of course, dad is a fundamentalist Baptist (that way he can be forgiven by Jesus for being a serial adulterer and a sexual sadist who also molested me). Mom is a quasi-pagan new ager who used to be Catholic (leaving the Church was the best thing that ever happened to her).

---------- Post added at 10:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ZapdosSmithh View Post
    How is Being a TB/DL Evil... Thats why im not a very religious person. Im Agnostic
    Religious nuts often declare things that THEY don't do to be "evil". For example, the Puritans considered music and dancing to be "evil". Wahabi Muslims consider it "evil" to fly a kite. Orthodox Jews consider it "evil" to mow the lawn on Saturday. In almost all cases (except for obvious ones like murder and theft), religious laws are about the clergy imposing control upon the congregation.

I never plan to tell them. I only told my best female friend and she took it very well, she is the only one I will ever speak of this to...as of now.